Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the top 15's points after Wimbledon supposing no-one plays at RG/WB.


Code:
Clijsters   4721 
S. Williams 4444
Davenport   3304
V. Williams 3274
Henin       3068
Mauresmo    2670
Capriati    2057 
Hantuchova  2062
Myskina     1726
Dokic       1716 
Rubin       1676
Maleeva     1298 
Dementieva  1289
Seles       1204 
Daniidoulou 1129,75
Commitments (except for Wimbledon/French open, since (i guess) everybody plays those)

Birmingham
13 RUS DEMENTIEVA, ELENA F 1
15 GRE DANIILIDOU, ELENI F 2

The 2 are the only top players who play 2 events

Eastbourne
6 USA CAPRIATI, JENNIFER F 1
8 USA RUBIN, CHANDA R F 2
9 SVK HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA F 3
10 YUG DOKIC, JELENA F 4
11 RUS MYSKINA, ANASTASIA F 5
14 BUL MALEEVA, MAGDALENA F 6
15 GRE DANIILIDOU, ELENI F 7

Hertogenbosch
2 BEL CLIJSTERS, KIM F 1
7 FRA MAURESMO, AMELIE F 2
13 RUS DEMENTIEVA, ELENA F 3
 
  • Like
Reactions: maya

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
Justine will play in 's Hertogenbosch too ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
JPV said:
These are the top 15's points after Wimbledon supposing no-one plays at RG/WB.


Code:
Clijsters   4721 
S. Williams 4444
Davenport   3304
V. Williams 3274
Henin       3068
Mauresmo    2670
Capriati    2057 
Hantuchova  2062
Myskina     1726
Dokic       1716 
Rubin       1676
Maleeva     1298 
Dementieva  1289
Seles       1204 
Daniidoulou 1129,75
Commitments (except for Wimbledon/French open, since (i guess) everybody plays those)

Birmingham
13 RUS DEMENTIEVA, ELENA F 1
15 GRE DANIILIDOU, ELENI F 2

The 2 are the only top players who play 2 events

Eastbourne
6 USA CAPRIATI, JENNIFER F 1
8 USA RUBIN, CHANDA R F 2
9 SVK HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA F 3
10 YUG DOKIC, JELENA F 4
11 RUS MYSKINA, ANASTASIA F 5
14 BUL MALEEVA, MAGDALENA F 6
15 GRE DANIILIDOU, ELENI F 7

Hertogenbosch
2 BEL CLIJSTERS, KIM F 1
7 FRA MAURESMO, AMELIE F 2
13 RUS DEMENTIEVA, ELENA F 3

That means that Kim will be become the new number one if she wins as many points as Serena at RG and Wimbledon (a win and a final ?!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
:eek:

Not for one minute I think Serena will do badly at either tournament, but just the idea that she could be cought up by Kim this early does surprise me

Anyway after US is the time for Kim to make it to no. 1, if she will...
 

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
Joined
·
5,336 Posts
LMAO @Daniidoulou :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,640 Posts
Kim hasn't get that good singles results on grass so I don't think she'll be the number 1 than
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,742 Posts
great smash said:
:eek:

Not for one minute I think Serena will do badly at either tournament, but just the idea that she could be cought up by Kim this early does surprise me

Anyway after US is the time for Kim to make it to no. 1, if she will...
Kim's got too much to defend after the US. Now's the time for Kim to attack. She could do better at the French, as for Wimbledon, I don't see Kim getting further than Serena there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Beggin' Beguine said:
Kim's got too much to defend after the US. Now's the time for Kim to attack. She could do better at the French, as for Wimbledon, I don't see Kim getting further than Serena there.
I guess you misunderstood my quote?

With my quote I mean that if she's going to be no. 1 anywhere in the season, she will be right after the Open. I know that from then on it's all defending.


If she'll make it earlier (like at Wimb. as you're suggesting) she'll remain no. 1 until after the Open, that's what I mean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
BTW that's the way Rafter got to no. 1 for one week before it was defending time (US Hard Court tournaments proceeding the US Open)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rikvanlooy said:
That means that Kim will be become the new number one if she wins as many points as Serena at RG and Wimbledon (a win and a final ?!).
yep, and even less may be enough... She'll has a 300 points lead, which she might even extend in 's Hertogenbosch (Ordina Open).

Roland Garros is theoretically possible, but barring an early Serena loss & a superb Kim in Paris & 's Hertogenbosch; the first real possibility will be after Wimbledon.

Serena will probably have to do 400 points better than Kim at the 2 slams.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,640 Posts
Inorder for Kim to even come close, Serena has to loose before the Quarters at both of French and Wimbledon, and I don't think that would happen. And I don't expect Serena to loose before then, and matter of fact, this year she has done semis or better in ever single 1 of her tournies. So I expect the same results :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great smash said:
I guess you misunderstood my quote?

With my quote I mean that if she's going to be no. 1 anywhere in the season, she will be right after the Open. I know that from then on it's all defending.
Points after US Open (excluding all the slams & inter-slam tournaments):

(straight from my excel sheet, i guess everyone understands the abbreviated names)

CLI 5667
SWI 3589
HEN 2855
DAV 2188
MAU 1634
VWI 1566
MYS 1436
HAN 1427
CAP 1362
MAL 1176
DEM 1175
DOK 1039
RUB 1004
DAN 990,75
SEL 872
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
And the point of this thread is.................???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SerenaSlam said:
Inorder for Kim to even come close, Serena has to loose before the Quarters at both of French and Wimbledon, and I don't think that would happen. And I don't expect Serena to loose before then, and matter of fact, this year she has done semis or better in ever single 1 of her tournies. So I expect the same results :)
WRONG!

Kim only has to do as good as Serena, or even slightly less...
F.i: a Slam winst for serena & a semifinal, wouldn't be enough, if Kim can reach a final & a semifinal. This is VERY likely to happen...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
Slam draws aren't as easy as the smaller tournies. Kim will have a tough road to row. Her best bet it to garner as many points as she can before the hardcourt season rolls around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DA FOREHAND said:
And the point of this thread is.................???
that Kim is very likely to become nr one in july/august/september...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,943 Posts
NOT! It may be mathematically possible, but it won't happen this year, unless Serena is injurred
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
JPV said:
WRONG!

Kim only has to do as good as Serena, or even slightly less...
F.i: a Slam winst for serena & a semifinal, wouldn't be enough, if Kim can reach a final & a semifinal. This is VERY likely to happen...


Hold on for one sec, are you guys saying Serena could be a French Open finalist losing to Kim, win Wimbledon beating Kim hence lose the no. 1 ranking?. If this scenario unfolds we would have the holder of the US open, Aus open, French finalist and Wimbledon winner not no. 1 in the world.

This would be a travesty of the highest order and proportion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
ayanate said:
Hold on for one sec, are you guys saying Serena could be a French Open finalist losing to Kim, win Wimbledon beating Kim hence lose the no. 1 ranking?. If this scenario unfolds we would have the holder of the US open, Aus open, French finalist and Wimbledon winner not no. 1 in the world.

This would be a travesty of the highest order and proportion.
I don't know if this is a travesty. Serena doesn't play 17 tournaments, Kim does. Kim averages more than 300 points per tournament. So, Serena, has to win (17 - 12 (the average number of Serena) * 300) 1.500 points more in the other tournaments to stay number one.

That's not so easy (1.500/12 = 125 points, 425 average). That's only possible if you win almost all slams.

Kim will be the a though cookie the next years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
JPV said:
Points after US Open (excluding all the slams & inter-slam tournaments):

(straight from my excel sheet, i guess everyone understands the abbreviated names)

CLI 5667
SWI 3589
HEN 2855
DAV 2188
MAU 1634
VWI 1566
MYS 1436
HAN 1427
CAP 1362
MAL 1176
DEM 1175
DOK 1039
RUB 1004
DAN 990,75
SEL 872
That's a very big difference between Serena and Kim (2.000 points more for Kim). It's almost impossible for Serena to gain more than 2.000 points. Where is she going to earn those points. Kim almost always reaches the final of the semi final.

I'm now convinced that Kim will be the new number one after the US Open.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top