Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the rain delays, the previously-scheduled Saturday, primetime schedule for the women may very well be postponed?

With the ratings guaranteed to be lower, I'm wondering if CBS is doing a rain dance right now.

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
disposablehero said:
They are dancing over not being able to show the final? Get off the pipe.
I don't think that it's such a farfetced notion that they may be hoping that it's rained out.

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
the lunacy rating has just risen...
cbs would rather not be able to show the final at all? just bc the ratings might not be as high as the last few years doesn't mean that they wouldn't like to have coverage...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
oh yeah rain out is great for cbs, coz williams sisters are not playing :rolleyes:

I do miss the sisters but tennis will not fell off and die becuase they are not playing.

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope not. Seriously, I've been watching this tournament, but I DO know that CBS likes high ratings.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
Ya, and CBS would like the tournament to go on since that would produce higher ratings than a rain washout.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
oh yes, CBS is so happy.

CBS doesn't like high ratings, CBS likes high money.

And you know what? they have already sold the ads for the final, if the final gets washed out CBS will have to return that money, plus, they will have it very difficult next year to sell a space, and will have to drop the price, with or without Williams.

They also love to extend coverage not covered by ads revenue.

Yes, I am sure they can't stop laughing, only USA Network is laughing louder.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Actually although CBS has technically sold the space, it does not necessarily have to be a women's final. They can put in a favourite male player, say Agassi or Roddick if at all they are popular. All they have to do is ensure eyeballs/ratings, otherwise they wont get paid. Up until the play has taken place, no money has exchanged hands!

So its really not that far-fetched!

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I'm hoping the idiots who were trying to be sarcastic are coming around to seeing my point right now. Fab, coming from you, that's a compliment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts