Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone give me suggestions on how to prevent my racket from slipping out of my hand, as it does so occassionally.
I recently severely cracked my racquet when it slipped out while i was serving.

I wipe my hand on my shirt regularly, and use a good over grip(apparently) ie.prince duratred, with extra traction.
Also, is there a better overgrip?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
i dont know about the grip- ive a pretty good grip aswell but i have the same problem! i think its because my grip is loose during points and sometimes its too loose

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
As a person from the northern USA (NY City) now living in Savannah, GA, you can well believe that sweaty hands in the 100 degree summers is a problem I face here. My solution is to have 2 racquets (I just switched to the Head i.Prestige MP XL from the Wilson ProStaff 6.0) set up exactly the same, and switch them out. I do it every time on the crossover, leaving the handles sticking out of my tennis bag so that the sun dries them. This gets me through those hot, sticky matches.

Another thing you can do is pour cold water over your hands and wrist on the crossover, and dry them well. It's help to keep the hands cool.

Hope that helps,

..Joe

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Best over grip ever + All the pros use it = Wilson Tourna-Grip!

The only thing is that they are a little expensive. And when you feel you have to change it, you use the same one and put it on the other side!!! It's really good!

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Great tacky grip is the Yonex Super-Grap. But u need to replace it ever 2 or 3 times you play.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
You have to use a good grip, i have broken a couple of rackets because of an old grip :rolleyes:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Maybe your grip is too big, and you might need to switch to a smaller grip size. I play with leather grips and they never slip. But you might wanna change to the best over grip in the world YONEX overgrip. Also when i used to work at a tennis shop there was this new product called "gorilla gold" which was specifically for grip support. The product was this yellow cloth that was sticky and you just wrap it around the your grip and then you would take it off, and the grip was left kind of stick but alot of the players love it. I don't know about the company anymore i know it was from Idaho.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Best grip is Wilson Cushion-Aire!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts