Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-did anyone happen to see who sits at the top of the doubles rankings in the race this week? Davenport/Morariu! Pretty awesome for both of them-amazing that Corina got back to #1 after her comeback. :)

It is a shame though, because since they are taking a few weeks off, (how many is it?) they'll fall down I bet. It's such a shame, because they always start off so strong, and then don't play and fall. :(

·
Premium Member
29,328 Posts
It is great to see Corina have some success after all she has been through. It would be great to see them maintain this level.

But you have to wonder if the effort Lindsay puts into doubles is going to affect her singles like it did at the AO. If she wants to seriously consider winning another major this year, I feel that she will have to opt of the doubles.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I think they'll stop play tournements for a good while now... I don't see them playing doubles at Wimbledon and certainly not at the US if it's looking as promising as it was last year. They won't make YEC... although I think it should be 8 partners rather than 8 people who get in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love to see them play together, but I almost wish Corina would get another steady partner. Then Lindsay could focus on singles, and Corina could have more success in doubles as the year goes on.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Trouble is that with doubles it is difficult to get teams together, especially with different partners wanting to play different events.

If they play the grand slams together and maybe Tier Is and get good results they have a good chance of qualifying.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
How great for Corina! :)

davenportdude said:
It is great to see Corina have some success after all she has been through. It would be great to see them maintain this level.

But you have to wonder if the effort Lindsay puts into doubles is going to affect her singles like it did at the AO. If she wants to seriously consider winning another major this year, I feel that she will have to opt of the doubles.
I disagree.

I don't think her doubles hurt her chances at the
Australian and I think doubles only helps her game.

I've always liked Lindsay but for the life of me
was and continually am frustrated at times with how
she could lose one or two rather meaningless points her
or there and just turn completely negative.

IMO, her attitude is what caused
her the Australian title.

She also seems to love playing with Corina so i don't
think she'll be stopping anytime soon with that.

Reactions: Meesh

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah-they really seem to enjoy playing together, so I hope they continue. :)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Kabuke said:
How great for Corina! :)

I disagree.

I don't think her doubles hurt her chances at the
Australian and I think doubles only helps her game.

I've always liked Lindsay but for the life of me
was and continually am frustrated at times with how
she could lose one or two rather meaningless points her
or there and just turn completely negative.

IMO, her attitude is what caused
her the Australian title.

She also seems to love playing with Corina so i don't
think she'll be stopping anytime soon with that.

Doubles may well be good practice but it wore down Lindsay's body.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
You know something, for a player so potentially near the end of her career, this is amazing. I have real respect for Davenport, well done to her!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.