Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 Kim Clijsters (2) 3224 9
2 Justine Henin-Hardenne (4) 2915 9
3 Serena Williams (1) 2806 6
4 Lindsay Davenport (6) 1683 9
5 Amelie Mauresmo (5) 1583 8
6 Venus Williams (3) 1405 5
7 Chanda Rubin (8) 1159 10
8 Jennifer Capriati (7) 1130 9
9 Vera Zvonareva (21) 1095 13
10 Ai Sugiyama (15) 1056 13
11 Meghann Shaughnessy (19) 1027 12
12 Daniela Hantuchova (9) 908 12
13 Conchita Martinez (22) 854 11
14 Anastasia Myskina (10) 840 12
15 Amanda Coetzer (17) 832 11
16 Nathalie Dechy (23) 830 14
17 Nadia Petrova (76) 820 10
18 Magui Serna (36) 812 14
19 Eleni Daniilidou (14) 810 13
20 Elena Dementieva (13) 801 13
21 Lisa Raymond (24) 674 9
22 Patty Schnyder (18) 668 14
23 Monica Seles (12) 599 7
24 Jelena Dokic (11) 592 14
25 Iroda Tulyaganova (34) 588 14

Thanks to www.tenniscorner.net

Justine #2! :D
Venus #6! :eek:
I think it's interesting to note that so far in the Season Justine has 700 less points for just the beginning of this year then she has in her ranking! (not counting the French open in the ranking but counting it in the race)
I hope that's clear? lol
Like Justine's ranking points are only 700 more then the total points she has earned this season, and were only halfway through, so that's a good sign, even though only 17 is allowed for ranking and she already has 9!
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW if Justine wins tomorrow I believe she'll be the #1 player in the race ;)
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On second thought....perhaps not...but close =P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Rtael said:
BTW if Justine wins tomorrow I believe she'll be the #1 player in the race ;)
that's a big if :)
Good luck to both girls!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,942 Posts
Wha't interesting is that Venus as played the least amout of tournaments,but she could still qualifly for the year-end tournament if the season ended today.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
7,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for doing the calcs tenn....Go Justine! =P
 

·
psychotic banana
Joined
·
3,022 Posts
I would like to see Justine perched up top at #1. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,257 Posts
WOW! Look at Vera! :) She's done GOOD! Hope she keeps it up this season and gets to qualify. That would be so cool!

Where's Alicia on the list?! Is there an outside chance she'll make it?! We're approaching her best surfaces now. And she's got a chance, right?! ;)

When the season ends, it'll be interesting to see the top 8.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kell

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
vs1 said:
WOW! Look at Vera! :) She's done GOOD! Hope she keeps it up this season and gets to qualify. That would be so cool!

Where's Alicia on the list?! Is there an outside chance she'll make it?! We're approaching her best surfaces now. And she's got a chance, right?! ;)

When the season ends, it'll be interesting to see the top 8.
Before RG she was 31 :)

It's great to see Chanda and Ai doing so well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,257 Posts
kell said:
Before RG she was 31 :)

It's great to see Chanda and Ai doing so well!
Thanks Kell!!! So there is hope for Alicia!! :bounce:

Wouldn't it be great?! If the list read:

Serena
Venus
Kim
Justine
Amelie
Lindsay
Vera
ALICIA! :p

YAY!!!! COME ON ALICIA! You can do it! Take the US OPEN!!! :bounce:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
vs1 said:
Thanks Kell!!! So there is hope for Alicia!! :bounce:

Wouldn't it be great?! If the list read:

Serena
Venus
Kim
Justine
Amelie
Lindsay
Vera
ALICIA! :p

YAY!!!! COME ON ALICIA! You can do it! Take the US OPEN!!! :bounce:
That'd be great! :D But imagine if it read

Alicia
Kim
Venus
Serena
Justine
Monica
Chanda
Lindsay
Ai

Don't worry...Alicia will win the Us Open...or if not, I'm sure Kim, Venus or Serena would be perfectly happy to do it :)
 

·
Moderator - Juniors
Joined
·
13,437 Posts
Interesting to see Hantuchova a #12 despite the fact that everyone in the media likes to hype the fact that she is in a 'major slump' - Funny how she's not far off what her current ranking is, and not even far off points wise from top 8. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,902 Posts
Randy H said:
Interesting to see Hantuchova a #12 despite the fact that everyone in the media likes to hype the fact that she is in a 'major slump' - Funny how she's not far off what her current ranking is, and not even far off points wise from top 8. :)
but that's because other top players were/are in a slump too or have been injured (like Amelie, Lindsay, Jenn)...
 

·
Moderator - Juniors
Joined
·
13,437 Posts
Maybe so, but perhaps people shouldn't simply be focusing on Daniela's form, and be aware that there are others who are also struggling.

If she is doing so bad, then I hate to think how poorly all these other girls behind her must be playing this season...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,902 Posts
but Daniela is a top 10 player and obviously measured differently from lower ranked girls...

it's like with Venus... last year was realtively bad, but that's for her... it would have been a great yeasr, say, for Daniela
 

·
Moderator - Juniors
Joined
·
13,437 Posts
well, I just wish people would simmer down a little bit and give these people a break a bit more I suppose ;)
 

·
Moderator - Juniors
Joined
·
13,437 Posts
you know how it is :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,902 Posts
I know what you mean... I wish(ed) the same with Anna K... but I don't think it will ever happen.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top