Tennis Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3475 Posts

·
Registered
39,339 Posts
How hard is it to follow a simple dress code rule? This kid is going to have a rough life. He is being taught the wrong lessons and being celebrated for it by the usual suspects.

Yet again, this is a story that actually has nothing to do with race, it's just an uppity person just playing the victim card to gain attention.

Fact, I live right down the street from his (former) school and I can tell you for sure that the majority of the kids in this area are raised brilliantly. It's very impressive, more so than anywhere I have ever lived. I'm not sure what happened to this kid that he has to be different. I am glad the school is standing strong. I promise you that this is not a school that is going to cave and change their policy or even apologize like you are all hoping. Major props for standing strong! Follow the rules or GTFO. No loss here. That is what makes this community great.

·
Registered
39,339 Posts

·
Registered
39,339 Posts
On What Would Have Been Trayvon Martin’s 25th Birthday

Trayvon Martin may not be here to celebrate his 25th birthday, but the world should celebrate the life he lived.

On What Would Have Been Trayvon Martin’s 25th Birthday

By Yesha Callahan · February 5, 2020

Trayvon Martin was born on February 5, 1995. Had he not been viciously killed by a gun-wielding racist on February 26, 2012, he’d be alive and celebrating his 25th birthday.

At the time of his death, Martin was just 17-years-old, the age where many young Black kids are deciding on where they’d want to attend college. But Martin was never granted that opportunity.

As a mother of a 20-year-old son, I couldn’t fathom celebrating my deceased son’s birthday, but it’s something Sybrina Fulton has to do every year. Thankfully, Martin’s legacy lives on in his mother’s work. Fulton has made it her life’s mission to ensure that other families won’t have to endure the pain she’s faced. She’s become a political figure and is currently running for county commissioner in Miami-Dade County, Florida.

On Tuesday, during a speech at Vincennes University, Fulton said, “The reason why I continue to speak is because my son is not here to speak for himself.”

Martin isn’t here to speak for himself because of George Zimmerman, the man who was acquited in his death. Zimmerman is still a nuisance to society and hasn’t amounted to much in his 25+ years of living.

Martin was never given the opportunity to pick the college of his choice, celebrate his 21st birthday, don a graduation cap, or experience any of the other pivotal life moments many who live beyond 25 are given the opportunity to. But as we think about the things he never got to experience, we should reminisce about the 17 years he lived and the love he gave and received from his friends and family.

Trayvon Martin’s life mattered then, and it matters even more now. Martin’s life should be a reminder that we live in a country where so many young Black people won’t live to see 25 because of senseless violence. And coupled with an injustice system, sometimes those who commit these acts of violence are allowed to live their normal lives without punishment.

Trayvon Martin may not be here to celebrate his 25th birthday, but the world should celebrate the life he lived.

To learn more about Trayvon Martin’s life, visit: https://www.trayvonmartinfoundation.org/ to find out how you can become involved in keeping his legacy alive.

[Essence]

Rest In Peace, young brotha.

·
Registered
39,339 Posts
Azealia Banks Hysterically Begs Fans On Social Media To Come To Her House After Neighbor Allegedly Pulled A Gun Out On Her

Feb 05 | by _YBF

photo azealiagun1.jpg

Azealia Banks hopped on social media to beg her fans to come to her house after her neighbor allegedly pulled a gun out on her for playing loud music. Watch her cry for help inside…

Azealia Banks found herself in a scary situation early this morning.

The NYC raptress hopped on social media hysterically begging her fans to come to her California home for protection before she called the police. She claims one of her neighbors pulled a gun out on her. The “212” rapper could barely get her words out while pleading with her fans to come to her house. She even gave out her address so her fans could find her fast.

The "Anna Wintour" rapper told police a male neighbor knocked on her front door around 6:30AM complaining about her playing loud music. Apparently, they started arguing and she claims the neighbor pulled out a semi-automatic handgun and threatened to kill her.

Before the alleged incident, the "Ice Princess" rapper was on IG Live chatting with her fans while playing music. She also posted several IG Stories ranting and raving about Kanye West, Kim Kardashian West and Vladimir Putin with loud music playing in the background.

In her IG Live, Banks said this isn't the first time the male neighbor pulled a gun on her. She said she didn't call the police because she's the "only black girl on this f*cking street" and she didn't want to look crazy. She was scared to call the cops before having someone else there with her.

"If I call the cops, I don't know what the cops are gonna do. I don't know what white people will do," she said in the video.
Azealia also said this male neighbor (who is white) has called her all types of names like a "b*tch" and a "psycho."

"This is the second f*cking time this cracker has pulled his f*cking gun out on me. He does the same f*cking racist spiel. And the way he pulls the gun out...it's like he knows he can shoot me and kill me," she said.
Check it:

Azealia ended up calling the cops and they came to make a police report. Photogs caught Banks explaining what happened to law enforcement outside of her residence. They were also seen speaking with her white male neighbor after the incident.

After everyone left, Azealia hopped back on Instagram to delete the videos of her begging her fans for protection and then she posted up several text statements on IG Stories addressing the incident. She thanked her fans who showed up and said she's leaving her home ASAP:

photo azealiagun2.jpg

photo azealiagun3.jpg

photo azealiagun4.jpg

Scary. Glad she didn't get hurt.

Azealia invited the fans who came to her rescue inside after the drama:

Here's what Twitter has to say in response to Azealia's plead for help:

https://twitter.com/Lamazonensis/status/1224984015385645061

[The YBF]

OMG!!! @Silent Bird's token idol used the R-word! ???

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
This Azelia Banks video looks like some fake-ass social media drama for the views.

·
Registered
29,834 Posts
Thank you for keeping me updated about Azealia. She's lucky they didn't lock her up. I hate noisy neighbours who take drugs and play loud music. She knows she was in the wrong, that's why she didn't call the police.

·
Registered
39,339 Posts
Thank you for keeping me updated about Azealia. She's lucky they didn't lock her up. I hate noisy neighbours who take drugs and play loud music. She knows she was in the wrong, that's why she didn't call the police.
"Azealia ended up calling the cops and they came to make a police report."

Learn how to read.

·
Registered
29,834 Posts
"Azealia ended up calling the cops and they came to make a police report."

Learn how to read.
As if. :ROFLMAO: I do have a million better things to do than read gossip articles about Azealia.
Just don't @ me anymore, please? Baiting is against forum rules after all.

·
Registered
39,339 Posts
As if. I do have a million better things to do than read gossip articles about Azealia.
Just don't @ me anymore, please? Baiting is against forum rules after all.
First you thank me and now this. Make up your mind.

If you can't be bothered to read properly, don't reply. And if you feel baited you can always choose not to respond.

·
Registered
29,834 Posts
First you thank me and now this. Make up your mind.

If you can't be bothered to read properly, don't reply. And if you feel baited you can always choose not to respond.
It was a sarcastic "thank you", sweetie

·
Registered
32,817 Posts
You sound bothered.

Why not simply post what you've been going on about and stop trying to whet our appetites, bigot? ?
Very bothered and I love it. :ROFLMAO:

·
7,307 Posts
A general comment to everyone:

I understand the issues here are very sensitive and can be personal so I ask that everyone please be civil and respectful towards one another. You can debate the facts and discuss the issues but name calling and throwing accusations towards other posters is not tolerated. Posting to get a reaction from others as well in this thread is also not tolerated. If there is anything problematic, people are free to message me and I will take necessary and appropriate action if needed.
I've been asked to post this again because there are several users here who seem to believe the rules do not apply to them with regards to trolling and antagonising fellow users. I'm here to remind everyone that rules apply to everyone. If you want to enforce the rules onto other people, you better believe the rules also apply to you too.

If your sole intention in this thread is to cause disruption and to debate whether or not something belongs in the race thread, that is not your responsibility. If you do not believe the post is appropriate, you may report it to myself or someone else on the moderation team and we will take appropriate action as necessary.

I will not be accepting abuse towards fellow users who attempt to make a contribution to this thread and neither should those who use this thread for its purpose. Anyone who continues on with inappropriate and rule breaking conduct will be formally sanctioned.

·
Registered
32,817 Posts

The courage of the assistant DA. We POC know this shyt happens to us all the time but the racist apologist always find a way to make excuses for this countries racist views. Real problem is that these racist are in control of our lives.

All of his trials that had black defendants need to be investigated and he should be fired which won't happen.

·
Registered
32,817 Posts

In Louisiana, Black women were put in cells with male prisoners and some became pregnant. In 1848, legislators passed a new law declaring that all children born in the penitentiary of African American parents serving life sentences would be property of the state. The women would raise the kids until the age of ten, at which point the penitentiary would place an ad in the newspaper. Thirty days later, the children would be auctioned off on the courthouse steps 'cash on delivery.' The proceeds were used to fund schools for white children. . . many of [the Black children] were purchased by prison officials.”

Source: “American Prison: A Reporter's Undercover Journey into the Business of Punishment” by Shane Bauer, 2018

·
Registered
32,817 Posts

Let me introduce you to Mr. Wilson Chinn. He was a “Branded” slave from Louisiana. Those are his master’s initials in his forehead. The contraption on his neck was to keep him from running to freedom. If those bars were to hit anything, it would break his neck. The cruelty my people went through to be free is sickening! No! We will never forget!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
A whole bunch of white people fought a large-scale war over slavely. In the end, many white people died. I didn't do it myself, because I wasn't around back then, so I'm not going to take any credit. But this means I am also not going to take any flack for anything that happened before my time either.

What you should really do is learn exactly who it is that you should be mad at. You may have to dig a little bit, the media will not help you with this one. White people are not your enemy. Not even close. It's way more complicated than black vs white. Hopefully everybody will discover the truth. It is the one thing that will truly set you free.

3321 - 3340 of 3475 Posts