Tennis Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3304 Posts

·
Registered
39,055 Posts
I thought your mind drifted off while writing, and you didn't complete the sentence. What did you say?

In any case, I also cut my hair two years ago after relaxing for years since I was Gr. 6. Now I have a nice afro, and I still ask myself why I didn't do it sooner.
He referred to Zozibini Tunzi, Miss Universe, as a man and can't understand why he wasn't allowed to get away with it.

·
Registered
39,055 Posts
No I don't understand why my post was edited.
Good, do it again and maybe you'll finally get the next extended ban you've been asking for.

·
Registered
122 Posts
"What a pretty."

I laughed when I read that. That is probably better than the pre-edited post. I never saw what the original message was, I just saw the picture of Miss Universe and then the next comment was "What a pretty." I thought it was a nice, funny troll at first.

·
Registered
29,337 Posts
"What a pretty."

I laughed when I read that. That is probably better than the pre-edited post. I never saw what the original message was, I just saw the picture of Miss Universe and then the next comment was "What a pretty." I thought it was a nice, funny troll at first.
It is nice. It was nice. She is pretty.

Idk, let's just move on.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

·
Registered
32,735 Posts
WHAT TYPE OF MAN.....

Kemet Alkebulan
WHAT TYPE OF MAN.....
What type of man would take scorching hot tar and pour it on a person then throw feathers on him ?
What type of man would bind a person with rope and chain and attach them to a pole. Place wood soaked in flammable fluids and light it in delight and as the scream until death overcomes them ?
What type of man would leave church with his family in a rush only to attend a lynching. Then after death take out a knife to cut parts of the body such as the penis, ears and fingers for souvenirs ?
What type of man would come upon a church while they're having service and children are playing in the basement and plant dynamite. The would rejoice in delight knowing the blast killed 4 children ?
₩hat type of man would deputize klan members and surround a community(Black Wall Street) killing everyone they seen. A killing spree that would last for two days then disgard the bodies like trash in a mass grave ?
What type of man would take another man, tie him to two horses facing in different directions and beat the horses forcing them to rip the man apart or take a pregnant woman. Tie her by the ankles having her suspended upside down. Take a knife then cut the baby out, only to stomp it to death once it lands on the ground to discourage any thoughts of escaping to obtain freedom ?
What type of man....

·
Registered
39,055 Posts
NYPD officer resigns after drunken house invasion incident

On vacation in Nashville, white officer broke into black family’s home next door

Metro Nashville Police Department

Michael J. Reynolds was on a bachelor party weekend in Nashville when he went into the wrong house.

PUBLISHED: January 2, 2020 at 3:27 pm | UPDATED: January 3, 2020 at 4:02 am

By Arman Azad and Steve Almasy | CNN

A New York Police Department officer sentenced to just over two weeks in jail for trespassing and assault while on vacation in 2018 has resigned, the NYPD said Thursday.

Michael Reynolds, 26, was also accused of using a racial slur against a Nashville woman during a home break-in in which the then-officer barged into the house next to the one he and friends were renting for a bachelor party weekend.

Reynolds was informed December 30 that he needed to report to headquarters for his official disciplinary process, NYPD Acting Deputy Commissioner for Public Information Devora Kaye said.

“Instead, he has quit the New York City Police Department effective immediately,” Kaye added. “He will receive no pension or health benefits, nor will he be allowed to carry a firearm. His actions are wholly inconsistent with the values and standards the New York City Police Department expects and demands of its officers.”

An attorney for Conese Halliburton, whose home Reynolds broke into, told CNN his client is relieved.

“Ms. Halliburton appreciates the outpouring of support she has received, and she is relieved that ex-officer Reynolds will never be able to terrorize anyone or abuse his authority as a law enforcement official ever again,” attorney Daniel Horwitz said in a statement to CNN.

CNN made several attempts to reach an attorney for Reynolds, but didn’t get a response. Reynolds testified at his sentencing hearing in December that he had been drinking and had no recollection of using a racial slur that night, adding that it’s not the type of language he uses in work or daily life.

Reynolds had been on modified duty status with the New York Police Department pending the internal review, according to the department, meaning he had turned over his badge and gun and was on non-enforcement duties.

Court records from Tennessee indicate he was found guilty of three counts of assault with fear of bodily injury and one count of aggravated criminal trespass. The charges came after an incident in which he barged into the house next to one he and a group of men, including two other police officers, had rented on Airbnb.

A judge sentenced Reynolds to 15 days in jail and ordered him to pay more than $1,000 in court costs, according to online court records. After his jail term, to be started by January 15, he will be on unsupervised probation for almost three years.

[The Mercury News]

15 days??? $1,000??? 🙄 A civil suit is in order. Hit 'em where it hurts. 🤑

·
Registered
122 Posts
NYPD officer resigns after drunken house invasion incident

On vacation in Nashville, white officer broke into black family’s home next door

Metro Nashville Police Department

Michael J. Reynolds was on a bachelor party weekend in Nashville when he went into the wrong house.

PUBLISHED: January 2, 2020 at 3:27 pm | UPDATED: January 3, 2020 at 4:02 am

By Arman Azad and Steve Almasy | CNN

A New York Police Department officer sentenced to just over two weeks in jail for trespassing and assault while on vacation in 2018 has resigned, the NYPD said Thursday.

Michael Reynolds, 26, was also accused of using a racial slur against a Nashville woman during a home break-in in which the then-officer barged into the house next to the one he and friends were renting for a bachelor party weekend.

Reynolds was informed December 30 that he needed to report to headquarters for his official disciplinary process, NYPD Acting Deputy Commissioner for Public Information Devora Kaye said.

“Instead, he has quit the New York City Police Department effective immediately,” Kaye added. “He will receive no pension or health benefits, nor will he be allowed to carry a firearm. His actions are wholly inconsistent with the values and standards the New York City Police Department expects and demands of its officers.”

An attorney for Conese Halliburton, whose home Reynolds broke into, told CNN his client is relieved.

“Ms. Halliburton appreciates the outpouring of support she has received, and she is relieved that ex-officer Reynolds will never be able to terrorize anyone or abuse his authority as a law enforcement official ever again,” attorney Daniel Horwitz said in a statement to CNN.

CNN made several attempts to reach an attorney for Reynolds, but didn’t get a response. Reynolds testified at his sentencing hearing in December that he had been drinking and had no recollection of using a racial slur that night, adding that it’s not the type of language he uses in work or daily life.

Reynolds had been on modified duty status with the New York Police Department pending the internal review, according to the department, meaning he had turned over his badge and gun and was on non-enforcement duties.

Court records from Tennessee indicate he was found guilty of three counts of assault with fear of bodily injury and one count of aggravated criminal trespass. The charges came after an incident in which he barged into the house next to one he and a group of men, including two other police officers, had rented on Airbnb.

A judge sentenced Reynolds to 15 days in jail and ordered him to pay more than $1,000 in court costs, according to online court records. After his jail term, to be started by January 15, he will be on unsupervised probation for almost three years.

[The Mercury News]

15 days??? $1,000??? 🙄 A civil suit is in order. Hit 'em where it hurts. 🤑

The guy made a huge mistake and he could have been shot, to be honest. He was on vacation, got wasted, and walked into the house next door, which looked just like the house he was staying in. He is going to pay a hefty price for his mistake. But at the start of his vacation he wasn't thinking, "Hey, I'm glad I am on vacation so I can go out tonight and invade some random black people's home!"

Now @JN, for camparitive purposes, would you like me to post an example of what a home invasion looks like when a black person does it? How often is it going to be just a drunken, non-violent mistake that ends with nobody getting hurt? I can post 1000 examples that are worse than yours in the snap of a finger, some of them right there in Nashville. But I don't need to, because everybody including you already knows the score.

@JN, when you stop trying to fight for the losing team, you will be so much more at peace with yourself, I can assure you. It must be very stressful trying to paddle up a creek in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
39,055 Posts
The guy made a huge mistake and he could have been shot, to be honest. He was on vacation, got wasted, and walked into the house next door, which looked just like the house he was staying in. He is going to pay a hefty price for his mistake. But at the start of his vacation he wasn't thinking, "Hey, I'm glad I am on vacation so I can go out tonight and invade some random black people's home!"

Now @JN, for camparitive purposes, would you like me to post an example of what a home invasion looks like when a black person does it? How often is it going to be just a drunken, non-violent mistake that ends with nobody getting hurt? I can post 1000 examples that are worse than yours in the snap of a finger, some of them right there in Nashville. But I don't need to, because everybody including you already knows the score.

@JN, when you stop trying to fight for the losing team, you will be so much more at peace with yourself, I can assure you. It must be very stressful trying to paddle up a creek in the wrong direction.
Still having delusions of relevancy, are we bigot?

·
Registered
32,735 Posts
It’s Time We Talk About America’s Inability To Forgive Black Men
Martin Mandela Morrow
Martin Mandela Morrow

Follow
Dec 10, 2019 · 5 min read

Michael Vick
The year is 2019. A known criminal who has seen their day in court is thrust in the midst of a societal backlash on if their punishment is fair and just. There are some who say the guilt and tarnished legacy is enough, whereas others believe that there should be a harsher sentence for what this person did. I’m of course speaking about former Ohio cheerleader, Brooke Skylar Richardson who is alleged to have given birth to a baby, buried it in her backyard, and later set it on fire all so her reputation wouldn’t be ruined. She is found not guilty on the sentences of murder and manslaughter. Her reputation remains intact for those who care. She’ll probably be able to move on, find a decent job, a nice husband. After all, she’s only 20, we wouldn’t want her whole life ruined over one drawn out constant series of mistakes. She’s still young and figuring it out.

We’ve seen it time and time again. Asia Argento claiming she didn’t sleep with an underaged boy despite photo evidence. Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof being given Burger King by the police officers following his mass murder. Amber Guyver, Paula Poundstone, Laura Bush, Daniel Pantaleo, Woody Allen- the list goes on and on. White America has no problem with leniency to Caucasians for crimes, be they alleged or true. So why does they same level of
“aww, gee” compassion not extend to Black men?

Former NFL quarterback Michael Vick was convicted of dog fighting in 2007. He served 21 months in prison, went bankrupt, and lost all of his endorsement deals. Since his release, he’s lobbied against dog fighting and animal cruelty, he’s donated to various charities, and spent a lot of his time speaking out against the ills of his past actions and what can be done to stop it from continuing. What people want, right? A story of justice, remorse, and attempting to right his wrongs. Vick was named an honorary Pro Bowl captain for the upcoming game and hundreds of thousands of people signed a petition to have him removed due to his prior conviction. Now, Michael Vick isn’t owed forgiveness. What happened was wrong. But what he is owed is the ability to move on from his past- something which a lot of white America doesn’t allow of so many Black men. It’s why prison reform is the way it is. It’s a cyclical conditioning of believing if a Black male does something bad at any point in their life, there is no way for them to rectify the damage done. That isn’t to call all white people racist for being against Vick or other accused Black men but it does come from an indoctrinated belief that Black people are to show more fragility in the aftermath of our self-destruction.

Black folks are allowed limited resources in the genial “safe space” of white life. It’s the you can look but you can’t touch. The don’t get too familiar. I remember in my attendance of a majority white school having to get a talk of, “you have to remember what you look like when you’re there.” A certain familiarity isn’t designated to Black men because of the stereotypes that have been ingrained in white society of “thug”, “scary”, “shifty”, “predator”, “overly sexual”, “aggressive”, and all of the other fun words that come with being born of a darker complexion. It’s the Birth of a Nation phenomenon in hand-me-down form. White America is given the ability to say, “we’re not racist because we ALLOWED these Black people into our spaces- to play football, to sing, to dance, to perform- THEY ruined the trust.”

But when you create a society that doesn’t grant redemption, you only mask your own lack of growth. Far too often, white people’s crusade to destroy a villain comes at the price of creating one. Reasoning, understanding, empathy, and learning are key to forgiveness, especially while America continues to grip its awkward relationship with race. So think of forgiveness this way- you’re able to do it with your uncle that says homophobic and racist things every Thanksgiving. You’re able to do it with the boyfriend who holds your head under the sheets and farts. You’re able to do it when a girl buries a baby alive or a woman comes into the home of a man and shoots him dead. Figure out what internally is causing you to hold back on allowing Black men to grow from their mistakes, not be caught up in their past, and live their lives. Consider what your true intent is. People who’ve lived through shame, remorse, guilt, pain, and punishment. It weighs heavy as is, so what is truly your brand of justice or reform if its basking in holding someone to a lower standard of their past. You get your “boys will be boys”, your “we were young”, your “she’s a good kid”, so give us a second chance at just living. Allow us the room for error and the room for growth and knowledge of that error. Our Chris Browns. Our Kevin Harts. Our Michael Vicks. Learn to love them for their attempts to clean up as much as you hate them for their fuck ups. Because without that, they stay in the mindzone of their mistakes and are ruled to repeat it like so many incarcerated Black men. Our justice system is heavily flawed, but so is our social system.

And if in your heart of caucastic hearts, you find yourself unable to, I forgive you for your past that brought you to this place of your current struggle. You’re still young and figuring it out.

Follow Martin Mandela Morrow on Twitter and Instagram at @martinMmorrow.

·
Registered
39,055 Posts
Since this is the race relations topic, what's going on with all the blacks attacking jews?
So you weren't concerned when it was mostly White anti-Semites? 🤔

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Since this is the race relations topic, what's going on with all the blacks attacking jews?
From vox:
For example, in Jersey City, the attackers were part of an extremist wing of the Black Hebrew Israelites that believes Jewish people are imposters (as one acolyte put it in 2007, “Negroes are the real Jews”) and worthy of death. One attacker posted about how Jewish people controlled the government and referred to Jewish people as being part of the “synagogue of Satan,” a phrase derived from the Book of Revelation that has become an anti-Semitic calling card.

3241 - 3260 of 3304 Posts