Registered
2,585 Posts

·
Registered
33,008 Posts

·
Registered
33,008 Posts
I just looked at recent articles when I read your post. Apparently, police haven't found any evidence of this manifesto being received by anyone. Quite disappointing if someone made this up as something like this was surely going to terrorize people.
These are the freaks I'm tired of.

·
Registered
33,008 Posts
Not really sure how this video relates to my post. IMO, the officer in the video uses excessive force and should be charged with assault.
It has nothing to do with your post it was to the poster you were responding to. Couldn't respond to him because I have him on ignore.

Reactions: jcon86

·
Registered
33,008 Posts

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
This was supposed to be some kind of joke, in the mind of the club president of Brescia, team that Balotelli, black Italian plays for... :rolleyes:
Asked about Balotelli before a league meeting on Monday, Brescia president Massimo Cellino said: “He's black, what can I say, he’s working on clearing himself but he’s having a lot of difficulty.”

Here is their failed attempt at excusing his racist comment:
Brescia later attempted to downplay Cellino’s comment, saying in a statement that it was merely “a quip” that was “clearly misunderstood.” The club added that Cellino was “attempting to downplay the excessive media coverage by protecting (Balotelli).”

Upon exiting the league meeting, Cellino added, “Who’s calling me a racist? ... I don’t have to excuse myself from something that I don’t believe in.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2019/11/25/brescia-chief-makes-apparently-racist-remark-about-balotelli/40703501/

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
@Iblis

What was originally said in Italian? This translation seems really bad.

·
Registered
33,008 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts

How do we know this had anything to do with the color of his skin? The tweet calls her a "racist white woman" but I didn't see her mention anything about race or color in that whole 2-minute video. She just said he was walking around and acting suspiciously and her car had been broken into twice recently. That lady is probably just an idiot in general, but you know the media will make it about race every time even when it is not. You guys are such snowflakes.

·
Registered
33,008 Posts
How do we know this had anything to do with the color of his skin? The tweet calls her a "racist white woman" but I didn't see her mention anything about race or color in that whole 2-minute video. She just said he was walking around and acting suspiciously and her car had been broken into twice recently. That lady is probably just an idiot in general, but you know the media will make it about race every time even when it is not. You guys are such snowflakes.
Pathetic

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
@Iblis

What was originally said in Italian? This translation seems really bad.
Cosa succede con Balotelli? «Che è nero, cosa devo dire, che sta lavorando per schiarirsi però c'ha molte difficoltà», ha detto sorridendo il n.1 del Brescia
Literally:
What happens with Balotelli? «It happens that he's black, what can I say, he's working to lighten but he's having a lot of troubles» said smiling the Brescia's n.1.
So basically it was a word play, when Cellino said he was black (nero), he was referring to his mood (being in a "black mood" in Italian means you're grumpy), and "schiarirsi" (which literally means getting lighter, bleaching) means something like "cleaning up your mind".
So yeah, it's kind of a lame joke but calling it racist is just your usual journalist's clickbait.
Bad taste at worse, but trust me, in Italy if you really want to say something racist you just go with the n-word or call someone a monkey, no need to sugartcoat your words.
For example, we have a senator who literally called a black woman minister an "orangutan" and while there was some fuss, it's not like his political career ended, he's still working as a well respected senator.
It's just a matter of a different sensibility in regards to racism compared with other countries.

·
Registered
39,992 Posts
The censorship in this thread is laughable. :rolleyes:

Reactions: mykarma

·
Veelieve!!!
32,425 Posts
High School Sweethearts Torn Apart by Racism Reunite and Wed 45 Years Later

It sounds like a fairy tale. But this love story is probably one of the best you’ll ever hear. Let’s start with a little background.

Racism

It’s not a nice topic to talk about. But it does have to be spoken about if only to ensure we don’t continue to make the same mistakes over and over.

Loving vs. Virginia

It hasn’t really been that long since the Supreme Court case Loving vs. Virginia made interracial marriage legal. The case was decided in 1967 after Mildred Jeter and Richard Loving, an interracial couple, sued Virginia, which had laws prohibiting marriages like theirs. It was that same year that Howard Andrew Foster (Andrew to his family) and Myra Clark first began dating in high school. They quickly fell in love, but unfortunately, at that time, it was still not okay for a black man and a white woman to be together. Although it was legal, it was still very much frowned upon by society.

High School Sweethearts

They were together for the remaining two years of high school before going off to college. It was at college that Foster fully understood the implications their relationship would have on the rest of their lives. As the only black person attending Columbus Technical Institute, now Columbus State Community College, Foster faced racism from his professors. ‘It didn’t matter how well I did the project, it was always a D,’ he told the Washington Times, of one class. ‘I had never experienced that type of racism, that way. I said, ‘It’s just not going to be good.’ I really thought about her.’ (1)

Howard Foster and Myra Clark were high school sweethearts who were forced to break up in the 1960's due to racist social pressure. They went on with their lives, got married, had families, and both lost their spouses to age/disease. One of them decided to track the other down, and 40 years after high school, got married.

The Break-Up

Myra recalls the day Foster broke it off. ‘He told me that he didn’t think we should see each other because society wasn’t going to let us be happy.’ They hugged and walked away from each other. In something that seems like it comes from a romance movie, they both turned back at the same time to wave goodbye to each other. ‘I think we were saying, “See you later.”’ says Myra of the serendipitous wave. (2)

Reconnecting

Though they each had their own lives, they thought of each other often. Andrew said that he ‘wondered what [his] life would have been like with [Myra]’, pondering ‘what would we be like if we had stayed together?’ It wasn’t until 2013 that they met again. During her time working at Mount Carmel Hospice, Myra met a nurse whose daughter was married to Andrew’s son. They eventually reconnected on Labor Day weekend of 2013 and immediately fell back in love. They were engaged by 2014 and married August 1 the following year, almost four decades after their initial first date. (2)(5) It may have taken decades to come to fruition, but they finally got their high school sweetheart happy ending.

Foster told ABC that once they reconnected he was never going to lose her again, saying ‘For me, the fact that I was sitting there holding her hand, was something that I never thought would ever happen. And I was not letting her go.’

‘We’re having a lot of fun with each other and our families.’ says Myra in a comment on a photograph of the pair on her facebook page. (3)

Society has come a long way since Loving v Virginia. Findings from Gallup show that 87% of Americans approved of interracial marriage in 2013, as opposed to 4% in 1958. (4) While we still have a long way to go, stories like these reinforce that love knows no bounds, and the color of someone’s skin doesn’t dictate their worth.

https://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/high-school-sweethearts-torn-apart-by-racism-reunite-and-wed-45-years-later/?utm_source=JERF&fbclid=IwAR3gjGoCNoaVPqZHcxbbrjUPPjntzssnMxOQO4nLIEcVSLRPQt89oAOJ5Gg

3181 - 3200 of 4354 Posts