Tennis Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
18,360 Posts
I was saying to my father yesterday morning, where are all the metoo women who should speak out against this rapist?

Well, one showed up yesterday, from the Washington Post, Felicia Sonmez. And what happened? She got viciously attacked (including death threats and the posting of her home address) and suspended by the Post. WTF??????

What did she do that was so horrible? She posted a link to a well-researched and credible story about rape allegations against Kobe.

Hundreds of Post employees, including a couple Pulitzer Prize winners and the bureau chief, have come out in her defense... GOOD ON THEM!!!

Here is a story from a columnist at the Post entailing this fiasco...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/27/posts-misguided-suspension-felicia-sonmez-over-kobe-bryant-tweets/

pffft

·
Registered
46,444 Posts
I was saying to my father yesterday morning, where are all the metoo women who should speak out against this rapist?

Well, one showed up yesterday, from the Washington Post, Felicia Sonmez. And what happened? She got viciously attacked (including death threats and the posting of her home address) and suspended by the Post. WTF??????

What did she do that was so horrible? She posted a link to a well-researched and credible story about rape allegations against Kobe.

Hundreds of Post employees, including a couple Pulitzer Prize winners and the bureau chief, have come out in her defense... GOOD ON THEM!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/27/posts-misguided-suspension-felicia-sonmez-over-kobe-bryant-tweets/

pffft
Yes, that was a huge story at the time, but what was the point in bringing it up within an hour of 9 people, including children, dying in a helicopter crash? Incredibly crass and this woman deserved a shit storm. The media often thinks it's above reproach. This was horrific timing.

And for her to say "well, I didn't write the article" - she tweeted it out immediately after the news. What a 🤡

·
Registered
37,467 Posts
Pathetic from the Post, the fact that it's a so-called progressive newspaper only makes it worse.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The guy was an amazing basketball player but not a great person. I don’t think anyone should treat him as a role model.
His career and post basketball career were near perfect and he was liked by everyone who knew him. A good role model for everyone...it is a shame, he and his daughter would have helped so many people in the next decades.

·
Registered
29,584 Posts

pffft
Good sarcasm :sneaky:

·
Registered
83,498 Posts
61 - 71 of 71 Posts