·
Registered
39,219 Posts
OMG!!! 😨😢😢

RIP

·
Registered
31,164 Posts
So it's now confirmed that his 13-year old daughter Gianna was also killed in the crash, beyond tragic. 😢

·
Registered
18,874 Posts
RIP Legend.

·
Registered
46,453 Posts
Impossible for me to comprehend. I was in the grocery store and started getting a bunch of texts. I had to go off to a part of the store where no one was because I couldn't shake the shock. I stood there for 10 minutes then was in a fog tiI got home. I can't stop watching the coverage...9 people gone including his daughter.

I think they should've cancelled today's games. How can these guys play?

·
Registered
394 Posts
love him or hate him, you can't deny he inspired a lot of kids.
feel really bad for his daughter, if she went pro she could've been the key for the WNBA to be more embraced.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't ever remember having a worse 'heart-in-the-throat' feeling while looking down at my news feed than when this headline came across. "Tragic" is the only word.

I was at a playoff game in 2009 (one of his championship years) when I saw him play live for the first time. Western Conference Semifinals, Game 3. After that game, I conceded that he was not only one of the greatest players of all time, but probably second best behind Michael Jordan, and not very far behind even MJ, if at all. No matter where the ball was on the court, I could not take my eyes off of Kobe. It felt like what I was witnessing was some kind of new level of legendary that I didn't even know existed in the real world. I will never forget that day.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts