Tennis Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
67,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Sveta is not lazy,she is maybe more relaxed than other girls,maybe she meant that? This is the first time I read a negative quote from Martina about Sveta and I'm a bit shocked :eek:

·
67,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
This is from Beth Mattek-Sands blog:

But speaking of punches, Kuzy (Svetlana Kuznetsova) and I have been trading sucker punches when the other isn't ready. It's escalated a little bit because she throws a serious blow, but it's OK because I retaliated with a rib hit. We've agreed that match day should be off limits but when we shook hands for a truce she punched me twice and ran up the stairs. … I see how it is now!

·
67,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Carla about today's match:

“Her forehand and backhand was excellent,” said the Spaniard. “I thought I served well, but it was difficult for me to try and do anything. I had a chance in the first set when I was 4-3 up, but I couldn’t press home that advantage and Svetlana was just playing very good tennis today.”

·
67,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario: I told Kuznetsova we could be on the same side, she replied: «I am Russian»

Spain team captain at the Fed Cup Arantxa Sanchez Vicario in an interview to the Russian newspaper Sport-Express spoke about her relationship with Russian tennis player Svetlana Kuztsova.
«She arrived to Barcelona at the age of 14 and when I saw her, I immediately realised she was special. She was physically strong, so I thought to myself: if she gets a bit more powerful and confident, she can achieve great things. Afterwards we travelled together and became good friends – she was like a little sister to me,» said the four time singles Grand Slam champion.
«Now we represent two opposing sides, but we just laugh it off and shake hands with each other after the game. I once asked her if she could join my team. «I am Russian,» she replied.»
«It is true that she dropped in the rankings, but she can bounce back, all she needs is some stability, and that is all to do with the mental attitude,» said the Spaniard.

·
67,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Julia about today's match:

"It wasn't the best beginning for me, but one of hers probably. She overwhelmed me with her shots," Goerges said. "I just tried to get back into it, playing more balls in the court and fighting for every ball. I got my chance and took it."

·
67,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Serena :

"She's such a great player," Williams said. "She's taken a little time off due to injury, but she's been consistent, at least in the Slams. She got to the quarterfinals of Australia and here. She's won two Grand Slams as well, and that doesn't take luck - it takes a really good player to achieve that.
"There are so many things about her that make her such a really good player."

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ana Ivanovic:
Почему мне так нравится приезжать в Россию? Во-первых, у наших народов схожий менталитет. К тому же я всегда очень тепло общалась с российскими теннисистками. Та же Света Кузнецова – очень милая девчонка. Плюс я играла пару с Машей Кириленко, и нам было весело вместе. Также всегда приятно увидеться с двумя Еленами – Весниной и Дементьевой – и двумя Настями – Павлюченковой и Мыскиной. Все эти годы мы с ними как-то умудряемся находить точки соприкосновения. При этом очень сложно сказать, кто из них больше похож на сербку. Но думаю, что от такой харизмы и характера, какие есть у Кузнецовой, которая одной из первых вышла в четвертьфинал нынешнего "Кубка Кремля", никто из теннисисток не отказался бы.
http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/36874/
Why I like to visit Russia? I think people in our countries have the same mentality. And I always had very good conversation with Russian girls-tennis players. Like Sveta Kuznetsova is a very nice girl. [then she mentions Kiri,Vesnina,Dem,Pavs,Myskina] All these years we somehow could find some topics to talk. But it's difficult to say who is more like a Serbian from them. Though, I think nobody from players would refuse from such a charisma and personality like Kuznetsova has.

Ana suddenly had grown on me!

·
67,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
From an interview with Elena Vesnina:

- Ваш партнер по сборной России, Светлана Кузнецова уже давно в туре, и в ее коллекции нет, разве что, олимпийской медали. Какие стимулы она находит, чтобы продолжать выступать?
- У Светы была неприятная травма колена, но, можно сказать, что она пошла ей на пользу. Она вернулась на корт с большим желанием соревноваться, у нее загорелись глаза. Она выиграла очень много турниров, но после перерыва она вышла голодной до побед. Думаю, что в следующем сезоне мы увидим еще более прогрессирующую Свету Кузнецову, так сказать, модернизированную /смеется/.
http://www.itar-tass.com/opinions/interviews/1830

61 - 77 of 77 Posts