Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Justine and Kim have played very, very well this summer, but I think Serena has almost a bigger aura of invincibility around her," Davenport said at the Pilot Pen tournament in New Haven, Connecticut. "Serena's the one I lost to the last couple of years -- either her or Venus -- so I'm happy not to have Serena there."

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
persond said:
Hey Knizzle, Big Davey's no fool; she's hoping for Justine or someone else takes out Venus...!!! ;) ;)
note to persnod

imagine that, justine beating Venus at the US Open.

She may be on the court when Venus loses, but it won't be her play that decides the match.

·
Registered
20,539 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
note to persnod

She may be on the court when Venus loses, but it won't be her play that decides the match.
this is always going to be the excuse isn't it?!?! :rolleyes:
justine's game doesn't have enough on it to defeat the williams sisters on a good day - that's what the excuse is. funny how this never seems to be what people say when justine beats kim. it's always because kim has got issues. or maybe it's just that certain williams fans can't seem to recognize what is really there. if venus and justine plays that semifinal and justine wins - it's because she will have done what she needed to do to get rid of venus.

·
Banned
1,856 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
note to persnod

Hey DA FOREHAND,

Surely "persnod" was a typo on your part and not a "Freudian" slip...!!!...???

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
opps my LOL my bad. typo not freudian.

_half, light some candles...ala Martina Hingis

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shap_half said:
this is always going to be the excuse isn't it?!?! :rolleyes:
justine's game doesn't have enough on it to defeat the williams sisters on a good day - that's what the excuse is. funny how this never seems to be what people say when justine beats kim. it's always because kim has got issues. or maybe it's just that certain williams fans can't seem to recognize what is really there. if venus and justine plays that semifinal and justine wins - it's because she will have done what she needed to do to get rid of venus.
Too bad Justine has never shown she knows what to do to get "rid" of Venus.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
QUEENLINDSAY said:
Persond!!! I think Lindsay wont count on Henin to take out the other Wiliams, I think she can do it herself better than Henin. Maybe Capriati will do it for her, but not Henin.

Exactly....only fans of little faith hope someone else knocks off threats to thier favs.

·
Registered
20,539 Posts
Knizzle said:
Too bad Justine has never shown she knows what to do to get "rid" of Venus.
are people not allowed to change? you know people actually win before they can turn the h2h around. i'm sure that before venus or serena was able to consistently winning against Martina, they actually needed that one match to get the fire going.

so this will be Justine's match to turn it around against Venus.

·
Registered
20,539 Posts
QUEENLINDSAY said:
Persond!!! I think Lindsay wont count on Henin to take out the other Wiliams, I think she can do it herself better than Henin. Maybe Capriati will do it for her, but not Henin.
since Lindsay can't ever do it herself for as long as she keeps playing, she'll need another player to do it. Poor Lindsay!!!!! Let's throw her a pity party!!!

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
"so this will be Justine's match to turn it around against Venus"

Coming back from injury and no match play....This looks like justine's best chance to do just that. Pretty sad that she needs those conditions, but hey any win could be good for her confidence against Venus.

·
Registered
20,539 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
"so this will be Justine's match to turn it around against Venus"

Coming back from injury and no match play....This looks like justine's best chance to do just that. Pretty sad that she needs those conditions, but hey any win could be good for her confidence against Venus.
omg what a typical thing to say. so if venus wins the whole thing, she's superwoman!!!! omg!!!! there is a real life superhero playing!!!! this is unbelievable!! let us alert the masses and the press!!! the church elders must come now and see thiss!!!! STFU!

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
shap_half said:
are people not allowed to change? you know people actually win before they can turn the h2h around. i'm sure that before venus or serena was able to consistently winning against Martina, they actually needed that one match to get the fire going.

so this will be Justine's match to turn it around against Venus.
Serena never had major problems with Hingis, their H2H was always pretty even. Venus had trouble against Hingis because Venus made too many errors, and had suspect nerves. It wasn't a cause of Hingis being better than Venus. I think Venus is just flat out better than Justine, but that doesn't mean Juju won't have her wins against Venus.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
irma said:
it's good that she fair!
I've been watching her since the QF loss to Graf at the AO in 1994, and have seen a few of Lindsay's matches live over the years, and yes, she is almost always fair- a rarity when you think of all the people around her questioning and whining about calls every 5 seconds (ASV & Seles come to mind).

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
shap_half said:
omg what a typical thing to say. so if venus wins the whole thing, she's superwoman!!!! omg!!!! there is a real life superhero playing!!!! this is unbelievable!! let us alert the masses and the press!!! the church elders must come now and see thiss!!!! STFU!

No that was STEFFI GRAF....Venus if she wins will join "The Legion of Doom"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.