Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't mess with Texas!
Joined
·
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know people are going to want to start joining after the Australian is over or further down the road and I don't think they should get 550 to use in 14 tournaments, when have 15 tournaments to spread them around at. Just imagine someone wants to join before swisscom. They shouldn't get 550 points two split up between two events. I think there should be some sort of system to create a new amount of points after each tournament. Like after the Australian, if the avg of points used by players is 50 points then new players should only get to have 500 points for the rest of the season and so on.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
49,763 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion! :bounce:

550 divided 15 =36.6

Every Tournament off=
Tokyo 513
Indian Wells 476
Miami 439
Charleston 402
Berlin 365
Rome 328
Paris 291
Wimbledon
san diego 281
canada 244
US OPEN 207
Moscow 130
Zurich

Thats what Ive tried to figure out
 

·
Don't mess with Texas!
Joined
·
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
!.Steven.! said:
Thanks for the suggestion! :bounce:

550 divided 15 =36.6

Every Tournament off=
Tokyo 513
Indian Wells 476
Miami 439
Charleston 402
Berlin 365
Rome 328
Paris 291
Wimbledon
san diego 281
canada 244
US OPEN 207
Moscow 130
Zurich

Thats what Ive tried to figure out
I still think that gives an unfair advantage. I know hardly anyone used onl y 36 points for the Australian Open. I mean it is a grand slam. I think the best way to figure out is just get the avg points used from the tournament and subtract it from the base of 550 and just update a sign-up thread after each event.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,018 Posts
Jarrett said:
I still think that gives an unfair advantage. I know hardly anyone used onl y 36 points for the Australian Open. I mean it is a grand slam. I think the best way to figure out is just get the avg points used from the tournament and subtract it from the base of 550 and just update a sign-up thread after each event.
Why don't we just use my idea? In the sign up thread, Steven can keep track of people's season. That way everyone will always use have 550 on their season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,179 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
Why don't we just use my idea? In the sign up thread, Steven can keep track of people's season. That way everyone will always use have 550 on their season.
I feel like that's too complicated for both the players and for Steven. It does make sense, but it's nice to have everyone start on the same playing field at the start of each season.

I agree with Jarrett - but here's the thing (and sorry for being really extremely complicated), don't use the average, use the median. That way, you get a number so that half the people use something about it, and half the people use something below it. Trust me when I say that the mean doesn't work, because if someone used 0 or 550, that'll throw the average (the mean) off. If you don't know how to find the median, just give me the set of numbers and I have no problem doing it.

My only problem with this situation, is what happens if the number is so high that someone ends up with 0 at the end of Roland Garros or something.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
49,763 Posts
Tokyo 500
Indian Wells 450
Miami 400
Charleston
Berlin 350
Rome
Paris 300
Wimbledon 250
san diego 210
canada
US OPEN 150
Moscow 100
Zurich

i think this is okay?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
fine with me

sends points
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top