Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question I posed elsewhere and did not get an answer, perhaps all the smarties at the CP can help me!!!
Thanks, Fan22

----------------------
Can somebody tell me why some players (see below) like Dokic , Shaughnessy, Mikaelian, and Petrova wear a "Porsche-WTA Tour" patch
while others like Capriati, Hantuchova, do not??

Most Striking is Dokic and Capriati who are wearing the exact same outfit except for the patch or lack thereof:

Dokic with said patch
Capriati without said patch:

Mikaelian with patch (2 patches?): (upon zooming, it looks like the patch under her chin is an "OMEGA" patch:

Shaugnessy with patch:

Cara Black with Patch on Right shoulder:

"Bad Hair Amy" (Frazier) with patch on right shoulder:

Nadia Petrova with patch:

Marion Bartoli with patch on right shoulder:

Alexandra Stevenson with no patch that I can see:

Our hero Dainiela with NO patch:

All the above pics from The Bank of the West Classic at Stanford 2003

AND ... what happened to the old SANEX-WTA Tour patches I used to see??
Like this one ;)

Thanks for your help on these questions that keep me up at night!
f22

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
fan22 said:
since you were so polite in NOT ANSWERING my question ;)

Any way we can hire Meghann's nutritionist and trainer to get our Daniela into that kind of fitness?????
:topic: Totally agree. I said that a while back when there was a pic of Meghann's 'six pack' doing the rounds. She really is very fit (I mean that in the nicest possible way) and is the same height as Dani.

Sorry that still hasn't answered your question though.

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GrahamD said:
:topic: Totally agree. I said that a while back when there was a pic of Meghann's 'six pack' doing the rounds. She really is very fit (I mean that in the nicest possible way) and is the same height as Dani.

Sorry that still hasn't answered your question though.
This one??

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
now that we're talking about bodies...and this was posted at the GM a long while ago by someone else... I think that Jelena's physique is one of the most underrated in tennis as well...she looks quite fit, almost no fat and, well, *meaty* (sorry, couldn't think of another term)...plus Jelena like a nice player on the tour...imo

how's that for an ice breaker? :p

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
As to the Sanex patch...

Sanex is no longer the sponsor of the WTA Tour. Porsche is, hence the lack of the Sanex patch. As to why some wear it and some don't I do not know.

..Joe

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
daniela's necklace said:
now that we're talking about bodies...and this was posted at the GM a long while ago by someone else... I think that Jelena's physique is one of the most underrated in tennis as well...she looks quite fit, almost no fat and, well, *meaty* (sorry, couldn't think of another term)...plus Jelena like a nice player on the tour...imo

how's that for an ice breaker? :p
here's where I got that Jelena Pic...It's part of a large series...If you are interested in seeing the rest click:
http://www.kournikovadotcom.com/mtp-pages/dokic-pages/mtp-dokic-001.html

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
joegerardi said:
As to the Sanex patch...

Sanex is no longer the sponsor of the WTA Tour. Porsche is, hence the lack of the Sanex patch. As to why some wear it and some don't I do not know.

..Joe
Wow...good to know...do we know when this happened?

Isn't there still that "Sanex Heroes" site about the WTA...I just assumed they were still the sponsor.

1 question down...one to go!!!!!!!!!

Sample hypothesis....top 10 players exempt! ???

does anyone ever remember seeing DH with a patch (Sanex or Corel before that)???

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.