Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Serena comes back in the tour she can use her protected ranking I suppose but she was number 1 when she got injured! Would she be the first seed in tournaments instead of Kim or not?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,291 Posts
fleemke² said:
If Serena comes back in the tour she can use her protected ranking I suppose but she was number 1 when she got injured! Would she be the first seed in tournaments instead of Kim or not?
She can only use protected ranking if she's more than 6 months off, but if she is, yes I think she will be the first seed.

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
she'll be the 2nd seed in that case
i think they'll place her in front of everyone but the current no. 1

is that what they did for lindsay?

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
no she was seeded three for sure, or better seeded 4 with a protected ranking of three

but serena has about 4000 points so if she comes back for the aussie open then she might be three anyway

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
fleemke² said:
No, I think they take your average weekly ranking for the year before you were injured to get your special seeding(which in Serena's case would be about #2) and then round up to give you your actual special seeding, but then you can't displace the person with the same ranking as your protected seeding. Serena would have a protected ranking of #1, but she wouldn't be seeded ahead of Kim or Justine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.