Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
26,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you think it's a total rip-off ?

Especially the night sessions. The scheduling so far has been ridiculous. ALL women's matches have been one-sided thrashings (most of them were predictable), and most men's matches have been straight-sets as well.
Can you tell me how much tickets cost ? Definitely more than what you are getting for it.

But the day sessions aren't much better. To schedule only 2 women's and one men's match (or 1/2 men's match like today) just to end the session in time for the night is ridiculous. And if it's raining everything is cancelled. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Well the "bad" seats costs around $50. But that also entitles you to entrance to every other court, so I usually watch matches at Armstrong, grandstand, or one of the outside courts. If there's a match I really want to see on Arthur Ashe, you can always slip the usher a little money and sit in a better seat.
The day sessions are pretty dull, but the day tickets also entitles you to stay as late as you want, watching matches on the outer courts. That's where it's most fun.
The night session at Ashe is more fun. The atmosphere is pretty intense, the crowd is raucous.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
if you could ONLY go into Ashe, it would be more of a rip-off, but there's always that "just-in-case" they may show a match you actually want to see. Case in point, yesterday, Jen vs. Loit, and Martina-Svetlana, vs. Lisa-Maria.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.