Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Channel 9 will still show the women's semifinals? They moved them to Friday night and Channel 9 doesn't cover the night sessions.

Can someone let me know ASAP! I hope they show them. I'll die if they don't because I don't have Foxtel or any other cable.

Thanks!

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
I hope your question is answered.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
lucky me i have foxtel. i doubt channel 9 will show them but you never know.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I am fairly sure it will be on foxtel - they seem to have some deal for all the matches after 7 or 9am our time.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
26,374 Posts
What a joke, not showing the semis of the US Open.

I have not seen one complete women's match on TV since Capriati vs Loit. :fiery:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Hey- here's another question for all you Aussies:

What has happened to the White City Club located in the Rushcutter's Bay area. I was down in Oz in January for the Open, and read that it was going to close or did close, and haven't heard or seen anything since. This is the old grass court facility that used to host the Australian Championships for years- so much history there!

·
64,415 Posts
alfajeffster said:
Hey- here's another question for all you Aussies:

What has happened to the White City Club located in the Rushcutter's Bay area. I was down in Oz in January for the Open, and read that it was going to close or did close, and haven't heard or seen anything since. This is the old grass court facility that used to host the Australian Championships for years- so much history there!
Yes, they closed for poor facility, I think. Anyway, they moved to Sydney International Tennis Centre in 2000 which is much better now.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I think they will show it, i was watching last night and I think Ken Sutcliffe said they might be adding another night session (it wasnt confirmed then) and Channel 9 would be showing it if it happened, but he didnt say what time.
I am not 100% sure that was what he said, but i am mostly sure. They must be showing it, it would be a joke for them to miss the womens semis.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
AlexSydney said:
Yes, they closed for poor facility, I think. Anyway, they moved to Sydney International Tennis Centre in 2000 which is much better now.
That's too bad. Hey, you're up awful early in the morning...!

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts
Hi Jeff

White City still exists as a private club. We play against them in our local Sydney men's competition. But they are knocking down some courts to build apartment blocks, but many courts and the clubhouse etc still exist.

Craig :)

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
i'm a member of white city and it still very much exists. the are not knocking down any courts because the club no longer supports the development and there has been a lot of community protest.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
switz said:
i'm a member of white city and it still very much exists. the are not knocking down any courts because the club no longer supports the development and there has been a lot of community protest.
TERRIFIC! GREAT TO HEAR! I was looking all over for the club, and as it turns out we (my Aussie mate/tour guide) drove right past it without noticing. Do you happen to know the street that the entrance is located on? I'm planning on going back to Oz in 2005, and will make it my mission. What a lovely city you have in Sydney!!!

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,288 Posts
MaRKy MaRk said:
Does anyone know if Channel 9 will still show the women's semifinals? They moved them to Friday night and Channel 9 doesn't cover the night sessions.

Can someone let me know ASAP! I hope they show them. I'll die if they don't because I don't have Foxtel or any other cable.

Thanks!

yep they are showing the semis- 10am Saturday

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
alfajeffster said:
TERRIFIC! GREAT TO HEAR! I was looking all over for the club, and as it turns out we (my Aussie mate/tour guide) drove right past it without noticing. Do you happen to know the street that the entrance is located on? I'm planning on going back to Oz in 2005, and will make it my mission. What a lovely city you have in Sydney!!!
it's called alma street. technically the suburb is paddington. from the city you go down williams street which becomes new south head rd, take the turn off for oxford street and paddington,go down nield ave past wiegal playing fields, take a left into hargreaves street and it's your third street on the left. i'm sure that won't be too hard to remember for 2 years
;)

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Just got the news from Channel 9 on TV... The Womens Semi-Finals will be showing LIVE from 10am!!! COOL
Yeah but Kim-Lindsay start at 9.30am so we miss the first half anhour, but still better than nothing. If channel 9 start there coverage from the beginning I will scream, they have advertsied it as live so if they start from the beginning of the match I will complain. Since they're starting at 10 I think they should just pick it up from wherever it is up to

1 - 20 of 21 Posts