Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Elena have strapping on her leg again today, as she did in doubles yesturday?

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Did Elena have strapping on her leg again today, as she did in doubles yesturday?

Hi, just back from DFS, and she had no strapping on today, still she played patchy and just got thru in final game.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Did Marion play well eggy?

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Marion played not bad too, she nearly came back to 5-5 from 2-5*
Elena was the one who dictated play, but Marion is very handy on grass taking ball early and moving in a few times to volley.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is the first set more of an indication of Elenas lapse in concentration like yesturday.

Also was Elena tossing the ball too far in front of her for the serve again today. I'm not techincal expert when it comes to tennis, but the toss seemed percuilar to me yesturday.

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Marion played very good in set 1, was up *4-1, Elena got it back to 3-4 , she settled more in 2nd and made less errors.
Marion was pretty good all way thru, played solid, Elena did make some really bad errors on FH.
nearly blew match as well
had 15-0 and had open court to hit FH from midcourt after letting ball bounce from a defensive Bartoli lob and put it in net, and got out of 15-40.

Reactions: Dava

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,310 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
Marion played not bad too, she nearly came back to 5-5 from 2-5*
Elena was the one who dictated play, but Marion is very handy on grass taking ball early and moving in a few times to volley.
Hi Eggy :wavey:

Did you saw Anna practise? How was she doing before her injury?

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
I only saw Anna briefly on the Monday when she came out to practice but i didn't see her practice though as i was going to see Maria.
Heard there was some unruly people there and alot of Press, Also Anna was heard to be crying in the players lounge after her practice had to be curtailed due to injury.

She left soon after.
i'm in Internet Cafe so haven't got much time to explain stuff, too much LOUD MUSIC in this one (a club as well :eek:)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,310 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
I only saw Anna briefly on the Monday when she came out to practice but i didn't see her practice though as i was going to see Maria.
Heard there was some unruly people there and alot of Press, Also Anna was heard to be crying in the players lounge after her practice had to be curtailed due to injury.

She left soon after.
i'm in Internet Cafe so haven't got much time to explain stuff, too much LOUD MUSIC in this one (a club as well :eek:)
Lol :) Thanks anyway ;)

Poor Anna :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Oh no. Marion :(

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I read somewhere that marion shouted something out to Elena like you don't scrare me.Something to do with line calls?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Update
Elena had stapping on her left leg in her Quarter Final match.
As for Bartoli"s comments,she may be small but boy is this girl feisty!Thats good.
WTA Handicapper

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
it was her right leg not left ;)
she certainly did say something to Elena
that was in final game of match which got Marion to 2 break pts, Elena looked up at her mother and Eric Van Harpen and asked them if they thought the ball was out when it was called in.
Marion just came up with a few words, couldn't hear properly from where i was but seemed like she was making a point telling Elena to believe the linejudge and not her mother, anyway Elena got mad and won 4 pts in a row to win match and shut Marion up for good :p
it was nothing really, they still had a good handshake at end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts