Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there like a way to convert files between extentions? For example, I need to convert a .rmvb file to something that can be played by Divx, preferably .avi

Is that possible?

And if not, what media player will play a .rmvb video?

·
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: But, Rocketta, I can't really figure out how to get videos to play with the VLC thing. And I changed the skin and can't figure out how to change it back.

I'm hopeless :p

·
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Limewire is the reason I had to get my computer fixed.

It gave me 17 viruses :eek: And one of them was on the hard drive, so even when I got them removed originally they came back.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
you go to File and then open File.

Babolatpro880 said:
:lol: But, Rocketta, I can't really figure out how to get videos to play with the VLC thing. And I changed the skin and can't figure out how to change it back.

I'm hopeless :p

·
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have both Divx and Windows Media Player and neither will play .rmvb files. Is real player different and will it play a .rmvb?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts

·
5,857 Posts
.rmvb stands for Realmedia variable bitrate. VLC will not play these files - it doesn't support Real codecs. Realplayer will, but a much better alternative is the cleverly-titled Real Alternative which will install the nifty Media Player Classic and a Real codec pack. You can get it here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

By the way, expect to see more .rmvb files around the net in the next year because they offer the same quality as divx but with a considerably smaller filesize (I downloaded a movie of 400MB which had equal quality with a 700MB divx).

Oh and Realplayer is like the incontinent guest who poos all over your bathroom floor. Don't install it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts