Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think this will be a year of four different winners? If so/not, who do you think will win the remaining two?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
No. Justine will win Wimby and Serena will beat Justine in the final of the USO (Justine will be #2 by then so it is SURE she will be on the other side of the draw)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think we'll have one repeat winner in Serena who will win the US Open. I think Wimbledon is really open and the winner will come from seeds 5 - 8. It'd almost be nice to see Venus win it again, but I doubt she can...so my eye is on Amelie and Lindsay as best bets to win Wimbledon!

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
i think a lot of pple are downplaying justine's chances at wimbledon. i thought she couldnt top her 101mph 1st serve average against serena.

but she bettered it with 102 mph against kim. She already has some of the best volleys in the game and if she can serve like this, i reiterate that she has a real shot at wimbledon

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
easy said:
i think a lot of pple are downplaying justine's chances at wimbledon. i thought she couldnt top her 101mph 1st serve average against serena.

but she bettered it with 102 mph against kim. She already has some of the best volleys in the game and if she can serve like this, i reiterate that she has a real shot at wimbledon
I think Justine has a great chance...until she faces Venus or Serena. I don't see anyone competing with Venus' 120 plus serves on a consistent basis. That's why she's my pick to win Wimbledon. Davenport talked about the serve 2 years straight (00/01) and Henin did as well (01/02). I believe her shoulder injury cost her the title last year.

She may have a better chance against Serena, but I don't think so. Serena doesn't have to be patient on grass. The key for Justine is to get to net. She's so good up there, she has to use that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was gonna pick Lindsay for Wimby, but I've heard that her toe injury might keep her out. I actually think the U.S. Open will be wide open because alot of people play well on hardcourts. So, yes I think there will be four different winners.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I think the big serving girls can do good at Wimbledon. Petrova, Molik, Bovina, Casanova and of course the Williams sisters.
Justine will find success if she uses more slice and moves to the net more often.
Kim will reach maybe the semifinals.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
The remaining two slams have been won by Williams sisters every year since Davenport took Wimbledon 1999.

I don't see Serena losing at the remaining slams, but if she does then Venus will pick up where she left off.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
QF in 2001.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts