Vacek, Jan CZE 110
van Lottum, John NED 10
Voinea, Adrian ROM 87
Voltchkov, Vladimir BLR 64
Waske, Alexander GER 111

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Oh sheesh, i just simultaneusly posted an article about Queens tournament in a separate thread.

What a mess when you cannot delete your own posts :(

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sampras never enters here
he always waits for a WC

Gasquet possibly in Halle.

·
Registered
747 Posts
MrsTheBoiledEgg said:
Oh sheesh, i just simultaneusly posted an article about Queens tournament in a separate thread.

What a mess when you cannot delete your own posts :(
lol Mr. and Mrs. Eggy. A good marriage needs communication! ;) ;)

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Eggy you're right. i read an article in the Guardian this morning saying that Sampras has already requested a wild card into Queen's. let me go find it.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
and here's another mention of the Android's request...

Thursday May 1, 01:37 PM

Tennis young set for Queen's Club
By Pritha Sarkar

LONDON (Reuters) - Teenagers Rafael Nadal, Richard Gasquet and Mario Ancic are set to show off their grasscourt credentials at next month's Stella Artois Championships.

The trio will take their places alongside defending champion Lleyton Hewitt, Britons Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski, American Andy Roddick and Russian Marat Safin at the Queen's Club event from June 9-15, organisers said on Thursday.

Sixteen-year-old Nadal earned comparisons with Boris Becker, who won the Wimbledon warm-up event as a 17-year-old in 1985, when he advanced to the quarter-finals in Monte Carlo two weeks ago.

The Spanish left-hander, who defeated French Open champion Albert Costa in straight sets in Monte Carlo, has appeared in four challenger finals this year on three different surfaces.

Becker will have an opportunity to witness Nadal's potential when he returns to the Queen's Club to celebrate the tournament's 25th anniversary in a match against old rival Stefan Edberg.

Frenchman Gasquet, 16, has earned rave reviews since his debut in Monte Carlo in 2002, while Croatian Ancic hit the headlines after knocking seventh seed Roger Federer out of Wimbledon in the first round last year.

Also entered in the tournament are Thai Paradorn Srichaphan, Dutchman Sjeng Schalken and American James Blake.

"I enjoy the grass and being in London for a whole month... it's very exciting to have somewhere to call your home for a while," said Blake, whose mother is British.

Former winners Wayne Ferreira (1992), Todd Martin (1994) and Mark Philippoussis (1997) are also in the draw, while Pete Sampras, a winner in 1995 and 1999, has asked for a wildcard to be reserved.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Good luck Rafa :) :)

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
go Andy, you can do it :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts