Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serena is the only woman to make it on forbes top 100 highest paid list.

She came in at 63 with 29.2 million dollars :worship:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good for Serena. If you have a separate list of highest earning female athletes, it would be mostly filled with tennis players. Wonder how much Pova earns now.

Going through the list...I am astonished at endorsement money of Federer wow - $86M. No one is even close to him..I knew he had lot of endorsements but didn't know it's this much. 2nd highest is Tiger & Lebron at $55M.

Another surprising thing is Nishikori's endorsement money. He earns $33M in endorsements, Top10 in world in endorsements :surprise:..Naomi can surely enter this list in 1-2 years.

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
Congrats. She deserves it and added more brands since becoming mother which added to her brand value.

King Roger. That uniqlo deal added many more million and highest paid endorser. He will not retire. He can be top 50 but he will be paid highest. None of new gen stars has his aura even Novak and Nadal fails to match his endorsing power

Wishing to see Naomi there in couple of years ?
She will be making good numbers but cutoff is high as 25 million i think. By next year she will be only behind Serena.. She will be around 15 million i guess. And expected to increase more by olympics

·
Registered
21,909 Posts
Isn't there already a thread for this?

And weren't all the Serena stans saying before that the Forbes list didn't matter because it wasn't calculated properly?

meh

·
Registered
21,909 Posts
Good for Serena. If you have a separate list of highest earning female athletes, it would be mostly filled with tennis players. Wonder how much Pova earns now.

Going through the list...I am astonished at endorsement money of Federer wow - $86M. No one is even close to him..I knew he had lot of endorsements but didn't know it's this much. 2nd highest is Tiger & Lebron at $55M.

Another surprising thing is Nishikori's endorsement money. He earns $33M in endorsements, Top10 in world in endorsements :surprise:..Naomi can surely enter this list in 1-2 years.
That is because of the monster Uniqlo deals.

And I'm betting they are lining up a YUGE one for Naomi too :)

·
Registered
115,519 Posts
This is a good thing about individual sports. If you're really good you keep making money forever
Jack Nicklaus is still making millions and I expect Federer, Serena, Nadal all make money forever

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Congrats. She deserves it and added more brands since becoming mother which added to her brand value.

King Roger. That uniqlo deal added many more million and highest paid endorser. He will not retire. He can be top 50 but he will be paid highest. None of new gen stars has his aura even Novak and Nadal fails to match his endorsing power

Wishing to see Naomi there in couple of years ?
She will be making good numbers but cutoff is high as 25 million i think. By next year she will be only behind Serena.. She will be around 15 million i guess. And expected to increase more by olympics
I doubt federer wont retire. His uniqlo deal actually doesnt revolve around tennis, i think thats why he signed it. His retirement wont affect his uniqlo contract.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is because of the monster Uniqlo deals.

And I'm betting they are lining up a YUGE one for Naomi too :)

After seeing this, I was checking previous years lists and Federer was at the top of endorsements list even those years. He was not with Uniqlo back then. It is just his brand I guess. For Kei, I think his Japanese market is huge. Naomi is gonna be super rich

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
After seeing this, I was checking previous years lists and Federer was at the top of endorsements list even those years. He was not with Uniqlo back then. It is just his brand I guess. For Kei, I think his Japanese market is huge. Naomi is gonna be super rich
He went from #7 to #5 and his endorsements from $65 million to $86 million after signing with Uniqlo (maybe other changes too).

·
Registered
21,909 Posts
Yes, but again it wasn't as much as before the Uniqlo deal... same with Kei.

deal with it

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Wonder what those people say now that said Forbes was racist when Serena was not No. 1...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
of course you see serena's name and get triggered. :SNE: no one calls forbes racist because of serena. it is because of their advocacy of right wing economic policies.
1. This thread has been here for a while, I did not jump on it the minute I saw it.

2. Did YOU call Forbes racist? If not, I did not even speak to you. My reply was adressed to them NOT to you my sweet angel.

3. Further proof of your obsession with me. I do not feel honored though. So I have to say your love towards me is unrequired and uncalled for. But if you get your thrill out of observing me, I am not the one to decide whether it is good for you or not.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Yes, but again it wasn't as much as before the Uniqlo deal... same with Kei.

deal with it
Correct.

There was a time recently, Federer was in the 40+ mil range (if you go by/really believe Forbes), and Nadal wasn't too far behind.

However, now with the Uniglo deal, he's really taken off and made some separation (in the 80+ mil range), particularly with Nadal.

So, I agree/it makes sense, he-Federer-never made this much since the Uniglo deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts