Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted the tour has only been shut down for two weeks, but I'm curious about how training will proceed during this forced off-season.

Gyms are closing everywhere. For injured players, surgeries are being scaled back so hospital beds can be used to treat those with severe respiratory illnesses. Some players are not in the same location as their primary coach.

When the tour resumes, it not only begs the question of how players return with months of no play, but also lack of adequate preparation.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
When the tour resumes, it not only begs the question of how players return with months of no play, but also lack of adequate preparation.
The main question right now is whether the grass season is going to start on June 7th and Wimby is going to be played on time... i would imagine that will all be settled well in advance - say by April 15th. And analogously if they cancel the grass season and restart with the hard-court season at the end of July... everybody will presumably have at least a month to get back into condition. It's not like they are going to just restart the tour with no notice.

·
Registered
9,950 Posts
Well they're all pretty much in the same position to restart.

Estonia's OC made an exception to all the Olympic athletes meaning they can use the facilities to train thus Kontaveit had a chance to use a tennis court and a sparring partner. But now that the Olympics are postponed I'm not sure if she can keep on using it.

·
Registered
31,007 Posts
Lucas Pouille reacted quickly and rented a house equipped with a tennis court and invited Grégoire Barrère. Great setup.

Some countries made exemptions for their athletes but they may scrap that now that the Olympics are postponed for a year. Elite athletes can stay at home for the next month like everyone else.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lucas Pouille reacted quickly and rented a house equipped with a tennis court and invited Grégoire Barrère. Great setup.

Some countries made exemptions for their athletes but they may scrap that now that the Olympics are postponed for a year. Elite athletes can stay at home for the next month like everyone else.
Agreed. I do think some players will have courts at their homes and such, and will be living with their trainers (because they can afford to pay them), which could be unfair. I'm imagining Federer (though he's injured rn) at home in Dubai (or Switzerland?) with a team of trainers attending to his every need. Meanwhile, Cornet and Petko are training at home 😭

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Agreed. I do think some players will have courts at their homes and such, and will be living with their trainers (because they can afford to pay them), which could be unfair. I'm imagining Federer (though he's injured rn) at home in Dubai (or Switzerland?) with a team of trainers attending to his every need. Meanwhile, Cornet and Petko are training at home
Fiona Ferro is currently at her parents home that has a court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Wawrinka thinks he is so sexy, but at the end of the day, he’s still straight mate
Yeah, I hadn't realised how into himself he was. Actually wearing a TShirt with Stan The Man on! If he was 19, ok, but at 34?!

Apparently he's now dating a 44 year old model. Donna is well rid.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Players are eating themselves into 2021. Gluttony.

Yeah, I hadn't realised how into himself he was. Actually wearing a TShirt with Stan The Man on! If he was 19, ok, but at 34?!

Apparently he's now dating a 44 year old model. Donna is well rid.
Well, his ex-wife was also 10 years older. I like him on-court and his sexy-self off-court. Too bad about the face. Guess you can't have everything.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts