Tennis Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
can you post the LL draw rule again?
(WTA) if there's vacancy in the Main Draw before Qualifying is completed, then there will be a random draw between n+1 highest ranked final round losers (n = number of withdrawals). if there's no vacancy before Qualifying is completed then it will be in ranking order.

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
If any poster or lurker here is an Arantxa Rus fan, I am NOT trying to bash her, but I'd love to hear an explanation as to why she never even tries to enter Premier qualies. Pretty much the entire grass season...and now the USHC season...she has routinely entered the most piddly-ass 25K European clay events. The tournaments are so minor that Arantxa is about 100 ranking spots--or MORE--higher than the #2 seed.

She has been fairly dominant at these events but they don't do jack squat for her ranking even when she wins the title, and they damned sure don't help her play better on grass or HC...so WTF is she constantly playing them for:confused:

If I were just purely speculating, I'd guess that she was a spoiled rich girl who didn't like dealing with hassles, so she faces the easiest possible competition just to avoid the disappointment of losing:shrug:. If any of you know about Rus OR know one of her fans and can solve this bizarre mystery, you can just send me a PM...instead of cluttering this thread as I have done:eek::angel:
It’s ridiculous, agreed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts