(5)Mladenovic v Linette
Brady v (11)Teichmann

(6)Wang Yafan v (wc)Vandeweghe
Kozlova v (15)Swiatek

(7)Cornet v Petkovic
(wc)Rogers v (13)Jabeur

(8)Hercog v Golubic
Mattek-Sands v (14)Rybakina
Any links to OOP? The WTA site manager dwells in some alternate universe septic tank where OOP doesn't exist until the MD starts....and--surprise, surprise!!--the W&S also has nothing even though it's evening time in Cincy and play begins tmrw morning

·
Registered
696 Posts
Any links to OOP? The WTA site manager dwells in some alternate universe septic tank where OOP doesn't exist until the MD starts....and--surprise, surprise!!--the W&S also has nothing even though it's evening time in Cincy and play begins tmrw morning
It is on the wta atp live score app and also on the app website.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
It is on the wta atp live score app and also on the app website.
Thank you for your kind gesture, but my pinche maldito laptop:mad: is blocking that right now, so I was looking for a direct link as another option

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Cincy & the WTA can't be bothered to give fans any information in advance. They have been generally useless for the last 10-12 years.
Just as they insist on hiding the player entry lists, to prevent anyone from trying to plan anything. Their excuse is the lists change; we all know that; it's been that way since they've begun having tournaments.

Their Western & Southern tournament app indicates that it is incompatible with my Asus Android 5 tablet! Who builds an app like that?
@Sorana: It appears the ATP/WTA Live app works for me. Thank you.

Simona Halep retired after the 1st set in her match tonite at Toronto, acct Achilles tendon injury. Wonder if she'll withdraw from Cincy?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Just to add a little more to the above:
The Cincy box office told me the grounds wouldn't be open today (Friday); that the only event on Friday was the draw for which you needed invitation-only tickets. I asked if players wouldn't be practicing? I was told 'no.' I knew that was not true (play starts Saturday, & they won't be there on Friday?!).

In the past, Cincy had allowed people on the grounds to watch players practice; it was true then that you had to have invitation tickets to see the draw.

In any event, here's a tweet from Kvitova, with a photo of her practicing today at Cincy:
https://twitter.com/Petra_Kvitova/status/1159629127705645056

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thank you for your kind gesture, but my pinche maldito laptop:mad: is blocking that right now, so I was looking for a direct link as another option
For the future you can download the app on your phone. The schedule is always updated very fast, while the draws may be a bit late than the laptop site. :)

·
Registered
53,785 Posts
Extremely tough Q draw with several top 100 players missing the Q draw.

Top Q Alternates:

#91 Sharma
#93 Blinkova
#94 Vikhlyantseva
#95 Bolsova

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
So Strycova is up 4-3 on Kanepi right now on Center Court. There is no live stream. All the men's qualies are being streamed, including the one that was immediately before Barbie's match on this same court. ???

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
If any poster or lurker here is an Arantxa Rus fan, I am NOT trying to bash her, but I'd love to hear an explanation as to why she never even tries to enter Premier qualies. Pretty much the entire grass season...and now the USHC season...she has routinely entered the most piddly-ass 25K European clay events. The tournaments are so minor that Arantxa is about 100 ranking spots--or MORE--higher than the #2 seed.

She has been fairly dominant at these events but they don't do jack squat for her ranking even when she wins the title, and they damned sure don't help her play better on grass or HC...so WTF is she constantly playing them for:confused:

If I were just purely speculating, I'd guess that she was a spoiled rich girl who didn't like dealing with hassles, so she faces the easiest possible competition just to avoid the disappointment of losing:shrug:. If any of you know about Rus OR know one of her fans and can solve this bizarre mystery, you can just send me a PM...instead of cluttering this thread as I have done:eek::angel:

·
Registered
53,785 Posts
I'd love to hear an explanation as to why she never even tries to enter Premier qualies.

She has been fairly dominant at these events but they don't do jack squat for her ranking even when she wins the title, and they damned sure don't help her play better on grass or HC...so WTF is she constantly playing them for:confused:

If I were just purely speculating, I'd guess that she was a spoiled rich girl who didn't like dealing with hassles, so she faces the easiest possible competition just to avoid the disappointment of losing:shrug:. If any of you know about Rus OR know one of her fans and can solve this bizarre mystery, you can just send me a PM...instead of cluttering this thread as I have done:eek::angel:
I'd say at 29 she is more than realistic about her game and chances in these huge events. Not to mention she would have been way down in the Q alts and had not been able to play Cincinnati. She just tries to balance WTA (apart from the GS she has played 10 WTA tournaments so far this year, so it's not like she is avoiding them) with $25K and easy points. Also, it's not like at this point of her career she needs to improve her grass or HC skills. And actually, both $25K tournaments she played in Spain, last week in El Espinar and before Wimbledon in Santa Margarida were played on HC.

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
I'd say at 29 she is more than realistic about her game and chances in these huge events. Not to mention she would have been way down in the Q alts and had not been able to play Cincinnati. She just tries to balance WTA (apart from the GS she has played 10 WTA tournaments so far this year, so it's not like she is avoiding them) with $25K and easy points. Also, it's not like at this point of her career she needs to improve her grass or HC skills. And actually, both $25K tournaments she played in Spain, last week in El Espinar and before Wimbledon in Santa Margarida were played on HC.
Still, when I checked the draws, there was nobody even CLOSE to her in ranking. It reminded me of some tall boy(1.95m) playing basketball against his little brother(1.6m)......Thank you for your insights, though:hatoff:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts