·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
4 doubles scrubs got in :eek:

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
Something needs to be changed in regards to eligibility for Q draws

Who wants to see all these veteran doubles players get routined all the time?

Give youngsters an opportunity instead.

·
Registered
15,631 Posts
Something needs to be changed in regards to eligibility for Q draws

Who wants to see all these veteran doubles players get routined all the time?

Give youngsters an opportunity instead.
Take out a tournament this week.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Wow, that qualifying field is pretty underwhelming for a Premier event, I know a lot of people who should be qualifying here will be in the main draws in Korea and China, but I've hardly heard of most of those

https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B13/C1/D50/E20547381/F1/

Hibi 1/25, Kato 1/25, Bondarenko 1/20, Sasnovic 1/20, doesn't say much for their opposition if that calibre of player are so heavily fancied at the bookies.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty underwhelming field for Premier qualifying. I know a lot of the players who would normally be qualifying for this will be in the main draw in Korea and China, but I've hardly heard of most of these, just random home players if guess for most. But when the likes of Bondarenko is 1/20, Sasnovic 1/20, Hibi 1/25 to win etc. then it doesn't say much for their opponents.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
"A player is eligible to play the Qualifying of a WTA Tournament only if
she has been eliminated or has withdrawn consistent with the Rules
from both the singles and doubles of the prior week’s Tournament."

In the Tokyo Premier Diyas' qualifying match is re-scheduled to play tomorrow in the morning.

On the other hand the Tokyo International Final is scheduled to play at 2 pm also tomorrow.

Diyas is not permitted to play the Premier Qualifying unless she doesn't want to play the International Final.

And the typhoon TALIM is approaching Japan...

·
Registered
15,631 Posts
"A player is eligible to play the Qualifying of a WTA Tournament only if
she has been eliminated or has withdrawn consistent with the Rules
from both the singles and doubles of the prior week’s Tournament."

In the Tokyo Premier Diyas' qualifying match is re-scheduled to play tomorrow in the morning.

On the other hand the Tokyo International Final is scheduled to play at 2 pm also tomorrow.

Diyas is not permitted to play the Premier Qualifying unless she doesn't want to play the International Final.

And the typhoon TALIM is approaching Japan...
I don't see why they can't play both matches given it's on the same tournament and not withdrawing from the final. It's not like they are withdrawing from the International final to play qualifying for the Premier. However, it's likely they will withdraw from the qualifying and focus on the final instead.

The match is pretty much scheduled that way and technically it's possible that the qualifying won't start due to rain and the final will play as is due to Ariake Coliseum having a roof. It's smart for the tournament to schedule their matches outside just to make it possible for the final to finish first should the rule being enforced.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
WITHDRAWALS
M. Kato (Still Playing Tokyo )
Z. Diyas (Still Playing Tokyo)

Revised
Z. Yang vs R. Atawo [ALT]
A. Rosolska vs M.Uchijima (Alt.WC)