Tennis Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76,314 Posts
Anyone know the benefit of Errani playing her 3rd round qualifying match today? She's the top ranked player in qualifying, and 1 lucky loser is already guaranteed to get a spot with Laura Siegemund's withdrawal. The Lucky loser spots are given to the highest ranked players who lost 3rd round qualifying, meaning Errani is guaranteed a spot in the main draw win or lose. Errani is getting older, and if I were her I would save my energy for the main draw, but if she plays then I assume she wants the extra practice OR is just playing for pride. To my knowledge, there is no advantage in the draw selection process for being a qualifier as opposed to a lucky loser.
She is not guaranteed a spot. Lucky losers are drawn from the 4 highest ranked losers in QFR.

·
Registered
52,292 Posts
Anyone know the benefit of Errani playing her 3rd round qualifying match today? She's the top ranked player in qualifying, and 1 lucky loser is already guaranteed to get a spot with Laura Siegemund's withdrawal. The Lucky loser spots are given to the highest ranked players who lost 3rd round qualifying, meaning Errani is guaranteed a spot in the main draw win or lose. Errani is getting older, and if I were her I would save my energy for the main draw, but if she plays then I assume she wants the extra practice OR is just playing for pride. To my knowledge, there is no advantage in the draw selection process for being a qualifier as opposed to a lucky loser.
She is not guaranteed a spot. Lucky losers are drawn from the 4 highest ranked losers in QFR.
exactly to prevent players from tanking their final qualifying round matches ;) Errani has to earn her spot in MD if she wins or if she ends up losing , earn her shot at being a LL

21 - 23 of 23 Posts