1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Qualifyers are placed: :wavey:

(Q)Katerina Bondarenko vs. (Q)Tamira Paszek
(Q)Tsvetana Pironkova vs. (WC)Agnieszka Radwanska
Elena Likhovtseva vs. (Q)Julia Vakulenko :banana:good luck, Julia!

·
Registered
21,146 Posts

The luckiest is Julia! :worship:
But it'll be hard for Tszveti! :eek:

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
What is up with Pironkova and Aga? Is it my imagination or have they played one another a lot recently?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

Really lucky draw for the qualifiers.... None are playing high seeds early on.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts

Aga is not a WC!

·
King
28,854 Posts
Tszveti and Radwanska have a mini rivalry, their Wimbledon match was full of tension and drama :eek: and i had some clashes with Radwanska fans after that match :p and their was lots of drama in their match at Paris too. Hopefully Tszveti evens up the H2H ;)

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
The Wimbledon Aga/Pironkova match was great. Worthy of a much bigger court. One of the best matches both quality and drama wise of the tournament, weirdly enough given that barely anyone saw it. Hope Aga can do it more easily this time, though!

·
King
28,854 Posts
The Wimbledon Aga/Pironkova match was great. Worthy of a much bigger court. One of the best matches both quality and drama wise of the tournament, weirdly enough given that barely anyone saw it. Hope Aga can do it more easily this time, though!
I have to agree, both played a really good match and it was a shame it was on court 6, and a 2nd round match. It was extremely tight and both sets could have gone either way. The point i always remember was that really long rally on Tszveti's 3rd set point in the 2nd set and Radwanska hit a FH winner into the corner. I was sad though because Tszveti played a really good match too and could have won, if she had won a few more of the crucial points.

Pironkova and Radwanska match up very well. They have a similar kind of gameplay but Tszveti is more aggressive, while Radwanska uses her head more. Tszveti has the bigger 1st serve of the 2 aswell

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I have to agree, both played a really good match and it was a shame it was on court 6, and a 2nd round match. It was extremely tight and both sets could have gone either way. The point i always remember was that really long rally on Tszveti's 3rd set point in the 2nd set and Radwanska hit a FH winner into the corner. I was sad though because Tszveti played a really good match too and could have won, if she had won a few more of the crucial points
Totally. I'm an Aga fan (well, she's not my big favourite, that's Justine, but I like her a lot) but that match was great because of both players. Especially because both players held their nerve and fought so well.

I hate that columnists gripe about womens' tennis so much - there are some really good matches, they just aren't getting televised.

·
King
28,854 Posts
Totally. I'm an Aga fan (well, she's not my big favourite, that's Justine, but I like her a lot) but that match was great because of both players. Especially because both players held their nerve and fought so well.

I hate that columnists gripe about womens' tennis so much - there are some really good matches, they just aren't getting televised.
Alot of the time, the best matches at slams are on the outside courts, and at Wimbledon the BBC pretty much never show them :tape:, you might get lucky once in a while but often its Centre court with some boring Henman match or something

1 - 20 of 24 Posts