Tennis Forum banner

581 - 589 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
The week starting Mar 2, before 2020 IW, WANG Qiang played for CHN in Dubai the Fed Cup 2020 Asia/Oceania Group I where CHN finished first and earned its place in April's FedCup by BNP Paribas Play-offs. (Subsequently the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Finals & Play-Offs 2020 had,been postponed due to COVID-19 health concerns.)

She went on to prepare playing the 2020 IW in the US. After the cancellation of the 2020 IW, prompted by her coach, Wang Qiang went to France for the preparation of the Miami Open.

With the 30-day US ban on certain travel from Europe and cancellation of the Miami Open, Wang returned to China on Mar 13 and where she underwent a 14 day quarantine in ShenZhen.

王蔷_小Q

Reactions: Shinjiro

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
29-ranked Qiang refused to pay the coach... will work in pizza delivery
"
The coach of the first racket of China and the 29-th number of the WTA rankings Wang Qiang, Thomas Drouet told what problems are faced because of the pause in the season.

“I have a valid contract signed by 35-40 weeks ahead. When it became known that till July, there will be no tournaments, I had asked Wang to pay me only half the salary. But she refused, because she now earns nothing.

The situation is difficult, because no financial aid I wouldn’t. Even harder from obscurity — no one knows when the tournaments will be resumed.

I work delivering pizzas to earn some income...
"

Thomas Drouet, entraîneur sur le circuit WTA : « Je vais livrer des pizzas »
"
J'ai un contrat entre 35 et 40 semaines. Quand on a su que les tournois seraient annulés minimum jusqu'en juillet (aujourd'hui jusqu'en août), je lui ai demandé qu'on trouve un accord, de me verser 50 % de mon salaire que je compterai comme semaine complète. Mais elle a refusé car elle ne gagnait pas d'argent.
"
Google translate:
"I have a contract between 35 and 40 weeks. When we knew that the tournaments would be canceled minimum until July (today until August), I asked her to find an agreement, to pay me 50% of my salary which I will count as a full week. But she refused because she did not earn money. "

·
Registered
55,523 Posts
Su-Wei Hsieh d. Qiang Wang 4-6 6-3 6-4 | Full Match | 2019 Stuttgart R1

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Wang Qiang will play the first event of a series of new tournaments called CTA TOUR.

The event will commence on the 1st of August in Anning, Yunnan. It is a CTA1000 (men's and women's) with combined prize money about US$114K (800K RMB).

Wang Qiang headed the singles entry list. In doubles she will partner WANG, Shuoran 王烁然 (17 yo).

There are new system of rankings by CTA in which WANG Shuoran ranks 88 in singles and 72 in doubles; Wang Qiang ranks 1 and 32 respectively.

泡泡老师

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
CTA Singles Ranking
1. Wang Qiang
2. Zheng Saisai
3. Zhang Shuai
4. Zhu Lin
5. Wang Yafan
6. Peng Shuai
7. Wang XiYu
8. Wang XinYu
9. You XiaoDi
10. Xun Fang Ying

CTA Doubles Ranking
1. Xu Yifan
2. Duan Yingying
3. Zhang Shuai
4. Zheng Saisai
5. Yang ZhaoXuan
6. Peng Shuai
7. Wang Yafan
8. Zhu Lin
9. Jiang XinYu
10. Tang QianHui

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
{
Stephanie Myles @OpenCourt
7:27 PM · Jul 30, 2020

And finally - it looks like China will be a close-to-total Wang wipeout on the women's side, as far as the US Open goes. Not entered so far: Wang Qiang, Wang Yafan, Wang Xiyu and Wang Xinyu. (Also Zheng Saisai and Peng Shuai). Zhang Shuai looks to be the only one playing so far.
}

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
It seems that WTA needs a player's confirmation before entering her into any Grand Slam MD.

p.22
Z. ENTRY PROCEDURES
b. Method of Entry or Withdrawal
All entries and withdrawals must be on official entry forms and signed personally by the player or his authorised representative. Entries and/or withdrawals must be received on or before the prescribed deadline for each Grand SlamTournament. Players may submit their entries and/or withdrawals either directly to the Tournament or to the Director, Grand SlamBoardat the addresses listed herein. Withdrawals or defaults must be made through the Referee.

p.23
B. TOURNAMENT ACCEPTANCE
The WTA automatically will enter the top 200 singles players in the WTA Rankings at the entry deadline of any Grand Slam into the Main Draw entry list of such Grand Slam. Players must enter Grand Slam Qualifying (see the Grand Slam Rules).

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Q Wang will soon be removed from the 2020 Roland Garros main draw list.

She entered only Roland Garros but not Rome and Strasbourg.

Recently she played the CTA800 RIZHAO 日照站, from 23 to 30 August 2020. She retired in SF against her doubles partner Wang Yafan.

Q Wang weibo

581 - 589 of 589 Posts