Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37,691 Posts
Lucie should really continue playing doubles instead of retiring. If she won 3 or 4 more Slams she could actually get into the Hall of Fame.

·
Stanning for Andi
20,731 Posts
Lucie should really continue playing doubles instead of retiring. If she won 3 or 4 more Slams she could actually get into the Hall of Fame.
Initially she was only going to play the AO which didn't happen and then it was just Prague. She's added a few more tournaments to her itinerary since then and she hasn't ruled out competing at the French Open either. I would love it if she played through until Wimbledon at least just for one last chance to complete the set of GS doubles titles.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I'm proud of Pavs for stepping in to play with her friend Lucie still remember that Madrid title together when I thought they could be a dominant team but they (rightly so) both went after singles success.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I'm proud of Pavs for stepping in to play with her friend Lucie still remember that Madrid title together when I thought they could be a dominant team but they (rightly so) both went after singles success.
and both are enjoying their partnership on court....

I'll be so happy if they are be able to win this event..it will be soooo wonderful

two steps to come :angel:

·
Registered
52,410 Posts
well Kata turned 38 but I guess she still enjoys reaching some quatrterfinals now and then with "average" partners :shrug: (no offense to Kichenoks, Spears or Atawo - just saying that in comparison to the past where she always was one of the best players and had solid partnerships - Peschke, Sugiyama, Petrova - those were among the best teams, even with Garcia she managed to have solid results- the expectations with age passing by are not the same and even her is not the same player probably )

good for her - and I won't complain :)

still quite a solid top 30 in dubs . Don't know what her plans are for the (near) future and for how long she's planning to keep playing .
I still like her chances to have a deep run and maybe even grab a last Slam in mixed if she has a good partner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts