Henin def S Williams 6-4 3-6 6-3
Jankovic def Vaidisova 7-6 6-3
Ivanovic def Kuznetsova 2-6 7-5 6-3
Sharapova def Chakvetadze 6-3 6-4

·
King
28,901 Posts
Serena Williams d. Justine Henin in 3
These are the sort of matches that Serena plays for and, based on both their fourth round performances, I'm going to go for Serena in 3. Against Safina, she was playing incredibly solid, crushing the ball on both wings with great control. Justine may very well step up her game for this match but Justine does have the tendency to play a few sloppy games which allow her opponents back in the game...she won't get away with this from Serena. Also, I know they have both said the past is behind them, but that infamous semi-final will be at the back of their minds for sure.

Jelena Jankovic d. Nicole Vaidisova in 2
Jelena has been a different player these last few months; she's won titles (Tier 1s and on clay no less!) and she's beaten stiff competition in the road to the QFs so far. Nicole has had a very simple draw as yet and with her wrist injury and lack of matches, I feel Jankovic will just be too dominant.

Svetlana Kuznetsova d. Ana Ivanovic in 3
The reason I think Sweatlana is going to win this match is because I wonder about Ana's mentality at the latter ends of a Grand Slam. She's only ever reached a QF of a Grand Slam before and I just don't think she has enough experience yet to handle the pressure. Svetlana has gradually been improving and her clay-court style will greatly support her in her match against Ana. Also, Ana went to 3 sets against Medina Garrigues, a clay-courter. How will she fair against a better clay-courter? Kuzy will also want revenge for Berlin and so, with everything in consideration, Sveta in 3.

Maria Sharapova d. Anna Chakvetadze in 2
It's funny how the most interesting and fascinating match of the fourth round evolves into the least interesting and fascinating match of the QFs. Clay is both of their least favourite surface and so I doubt we'll see great clay-court tactics. The reason I pick Maria in straight sets is because everything is in Maria's favour. Maria is more powerful, has a better serve (even with the injury), she moves better on clay, much stronger mentality... and most importantly, Maria has had a test in the tournament, coming back from 2 match points vs Schnyder. Maria should be overwhelmed with confidence and this is why she'll make her first ever RG semi final.
Moves better on clay than Chakvetadze? :cuckoo: Maria on no surface moves better than Chakvetadze

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
Henin def S Williams in 2
Vaidisova df Jankovic in 3
Kuznetsova df Ivanovic in 2
Chakvetadze in Sharapova 3

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Serena Will Wins In 3 Sets
Jankovic Will Win In 3 Sets
Ivanovic Will Win In 2 Sets
Sharapova Will Win In 2 Sets

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,222 Posts
Prediction is two words: no upsets.

The most likely upset? Chaka over Masha. But even that won't happen.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts