Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think they just might give her the #32 seed?
I mean, why not? Martina could very well hold that seeding, and maybe give some Top 20 players all they can handle on grass

I mean she doesnt have a ranking, but shes the GOAT and has won 9 Wimbledon titles for lordes sake. Shes a huge draw to the crowd, and I dont think many people would be happy to meet her in the 1st round.

I mean Wimbledon has been this lenient before, right?

·
Registered
981 Posts
The rules for seedings that they announced with other grandslams is that the top 32 ranked players that enter the draw will be seeded, however each grandslam can seed those 32 players however they like!! So no Martina could not be given any seed!!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I highly doubt Martina will play Wimbledon, do you really think she would??

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
I think she will...and will reach the QF =D

·
Registered
72 Posts
potty said:
The rules for seedings that they announced with other grandslams is that the top 32 ranked players that enter the draw will be seeded, however each grandslam can seed those 32 players however they like!! So no Martina could not be given any seed!!
At Wimbledon, I think the rule is not that the 32 seeds can be seeded anyway Wimbledon wants, they can only move people in their own bracket, so 1-4 can be in any order, then 5-8, etc.

They only do it for exceptionally talented people anyway ;)

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
I don't think Martina would play Wimbledon. If anything she would play Roland Garros, because clay is a much better surface for her. Her record at Wimbledon isn't that great--despite winning in 97

·
7,996 Posts
Navratilova LOL... =)

Reactions: tennisIlove09

·
7,996 Posts
she's asking for WC's into all the grass-court tournaments I think =P

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rtael said:
she's asking for WC's into all the grass-court tournaments I think =P
is she?

go martina!

wouldnt it be funny if she won one of those? if she continues to improve, i dont see why not

shes really hungry for that record, if W/S arent playing i'd call her and Kuznetsova the favorites at Wimby for doubles

·
7,996 Posts
lol...well I read in the thread about the system for Wimbeldon wc's that Martina was asking for WC's into grass-court tournies this year =)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts