1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE 5609.00 14
2 KIM CLIJSTERS 5478.00 16
3 SERENA WILLIAMS 3916.00 7
(The above have already qualified for the Championships)
4 LINDSAY DAVENPORT 2900.00 15
(Not expected to play due to sugery on her injured foot)
5 JENNIFER CAPRIATI 2469.00 15
6 VENUS WILLIAMS 2211.00 6
7 AMELIE MAURESMO 2052.00 12
8 CHANDA RUBIN 1640.00 14
9 ELENA DEMENTIEVA 1555.00 21
(Depending on what tournaments the above play from now until the end of October, they will most likely qualify)
10 AI SUGIYAMA 1554.00 19
11 VERA ZVONAREVA 1505.00 18
(Could qualify if they play tournaments and do well or if one of the players who had already qualified do not play)

What is interesting is that Venus is still number six with only six tournaments played. I would have thought Amelie would have passed Venus. I am also surprised that Jennifer has a small margin over Venus, which means if she hadn't gotten to the SF of the USO, she would have probably still be behind Venus.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
I think Serena,Venus,and Lindsay MAY pull out but that is a MAYBE so Elena,Ai,and Vera have good chances!

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
MartyFan said:
I think Serena,Venus,and Lindsay MAY pull out but that is a MAYBE so Elena,Ai,and Vera have good chances!
Venus will be there God willing because she is set to return at Moscow on Sept 29th. Serena has said in multiple interviews that she will most likely be back for the year end champs. So Venus will definitely be there, and Serena is probably going to be there also.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MartyFan said:
Lindsay already said that playing the Y/E Championships was out of the question becasue she said that her foot wouldn't heal in time to play. I think the tour will try to convince Venus and Serena to play becasue I think they will have a hard time convincing people to come to a tournament in which the two who were invited to play are ranked somewhere between 11-20. Both said they would play if they are healthy enough.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I really hope both the sisters will be there. That would be great! The tour end championships would lose a lot of its meaning if they would miss it...

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
katrientje said:
I really hope both the sisters will be there. That would be great! The tour end championships would lose a lot of its meaning if they would miss it...
and imagine 0 (zero) LA fans watching matches of players they never heard about: Christine Henin-Whatever, Katie Clijsters, Emelie Muaresmo... :D :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts