Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
There is always the option to disable the display of signatures in 'Edit
Options' in your Control Panel. People should use that if they are botherd by huge pictures in signatures.
You shouldn't trouble people who paid good money for some extra features. There are already so few, and lately I can't help but feeling I've paid to become a Verticalscope beta-tester...
You can't force people who like sigs in general to turn them off just because some people want a huge picture in it.
200 pixels is still more than enough, we figured. It is for example more than Jerenomi's current picture. It's not like it's very small, is it?

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
There is always the option to disable the display of signatures in 'Edit
Options' in your Control Panel. People should use that if they are botherd by huge pictures in signatures.
You shouldn't trouble people who paid good money for some extra features. There are already so few, and lately I can't help but feeling I've paid to become a Verticalscope beta-tester...
why should i have to turn it off because people can't stick to the limit? seriously, 200 pixel height is big enough.
i've paid for the extra features too, but don't feel the need to subject other users to oversized, big ass pictures. a bit of courtesy towards fellow users isn't too much to ask, is it? :)

·
What's this?
14,651 Posts
I tried changing my signature but it says I've exceeded the 2000 character limit which is odd cos I took some letters out but did change some fonts and colours.

Would you be able to change it to this for me or is it indeed too long?

Kirilenko.:|:.Kuznetsova.:|:.Safina.:|:.Davenport.:|:.Mauresmo.:|:.Petrova
[Federer.:|:.Safin.:|:.Nadal.:|:.Čilić.:|:.Tsonga]

<<Fernando[F1 Champion: 2005-06|19 wins|17 pole positions|490 points]Alonso>>
[#"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" #]

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Try this:

Kirilenko.:|:.Kuznetsova.:|:.Safina.:|:.Davenport.:|:.Mauresmo.:|:.Petrova
[Federer.:|:.Safin.:|:.Nadal.:|:. Čilić.:|:.Tsonga]

<<Fernando[F1 Champion: 2005-06|19 wins|17 pole positions|490 points]Alonso>>
[#"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" #]

I assume you use the enhanced interface editor? I think what happened is that it put your new codes over the old ones, so it kept the old codes as well. That's how it became more then 2000 characters;)

·
Registered
14,936 Posts
i was trying to edit my signature then when i try to save it says bb code too big...
i was even trying to shorten it:sad:
can somebody just remove the Tipping #74
so it would just be the AMELIE MAURESMO & the tennis smiley on my signature..

please & thank you!!

·
Kookie Supporter
67,110 Posts
i was trying to edit my signature then when i try to save it says bb code too big...
i was even trying to shorten it:sad:
can somebody just remove the Tipping #74
so it would just be the AMELIE MAURESMO & the tennis smiley on my signature..

please & thank you!!
You use size 5 in your signature, where size 3 is the maxium size allowed under the current rules. If you change to size 3, you should have no trouble editing your sig.

·
Premium Member
66,156 Posts
I make exactly 8 lines and it wont let me. :(

and whats with hte 8 line thing? :eek: If you cant make more than size 3, then why not leaving it 12 lines? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
66,156 Posts
Yeah, now I get to have a signature with 5 players only. :rolleyes:

Daily I believe more that buying the membership was a waste of money.

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,461 Posts
I make exactly 8 lines and it wont let me. :(

and whats with hte 8 line thing? :eek: If you cant make more than size 3, then why not leaving it 12 lines? :rolleyes:

How about stop the complain because we simply put rules so siggies don't get over the top. I disabled them myself because I was fed up with them taking half of my browser page. Common sense.

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
Hmm, that rule sucks. I think premium members should be allowed to size the texts like before... :eek:

I changed my sig. Is it allowed the way it is? I put 2 graphics among each other. If it's not allowed, then say it... :rolleyes:

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,461 Posts
Initially no definite signature rules were set up for members of the board, premium or not. As it happened a fair few people didn't think that having huge siggies could make the browsing of pages not very confortable for other members (although i do think it is just common sense). A lot of people complained because half of their screens were filed up with signature images, hence the rules.

And it's not because a poster is a paying member that there should be no limits in what they are allowed to do.

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
Hey, can I suggest something?

I've only joined pretty recently, so I don't know what previous rules were or anything like that, but I have had trouble with my sig (saying my sig had to be 8 lines or less, and it was only 4 or 5 etc. etc. etc.)

So, couldn't you just abandon all rules for signatures? No limit to lines, text size or picture size.

I know that this would end up with users having signatures the length of a foot-long, so you could create a thread where people could alert the WTAWORLD officials about people being irresponsible with there signatures. In this case, you could review the users sig, and if it was inappropriate, you could remove the entire sig. This would teach them a lesson, and get them a bit annoyed, and I don't think they'd worry about making it so big anymore. They'd learn from your punishment and from then on they'd go by the rules. The rules being common courtesy for other users.

Tell us what you think anyway, I think that would work, and it would keep the users happy. Plus they couldn't whine and b**** in a thread about there sig not working because if their sig was removed they'll know it was because the made it too big and inconvenient for WTAWORLD users.

just my thoughts...

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
banners=1 line right?
if that's right, i am having difficulty adding more to my sig.
Yes a banner = 1 line.

It is really ridiculous that the max text size is 3.
It is actually being discussed. We might be going back to size 5, even though it would result in bigger sigs again (so more work for us to ask people to reduce them again).

Hey, can I suggest something?

I've only joined pretty recently, so I don't know what previous rules were or anything like that, but I have had trouble with my sig (saying my sig had to be 8 lines or less, and it was only 4 or 5 etc. etc. etc.)

So, couldn't you just abandon all rules for signatures? No limit to lines, text size or picture size.

I know that this would end up with users having signatures the length of a foot-long, so you could create a thread where people could alert the WTAWORLD officials about people being irresponsible with there signatures. In this case, you could review the users sig, and if it was inappropriate, you could remove the entire sig. This would teach them a lesson, and get them a bit annoyed, and I don't think they'd worry about making it so big anymore. They'd learn from your punishment and from then on they'd go by the rules. The rules being common courtesy for other users.

Tell us what you think anyway, I think that would work, and it would keep the users happy. Plus they couldn't whine and b**** in a thread about there sig not working because if their sig was removed they'll know it was because the made it too big and inconvenient for WTAWORLD users.

just my thoughts...
Sorry, but bad idea. We would get a lot of posters complaining when we would edit their sigs, because there aren't any rules, so why wouldn't they be allowed to have their sigs as large as they want? And believe me, posters on here would not learn from us changing their sigs, they would just complain about how unfair and powerhungry we are.
Plus, if you think a sig is too big, you can already report it, which is being done sometimes as well, so that thread isn't necessary either.

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
Sorry, but bad idea. We would get a lot of posters complaining when we would edit their sigs, because there aren't any rules, so why wouldn't they be allowed to have their sigs as large as they want? And believe me, posters on here would not learn from us changing their sigs, they would just complain about how unfair and powerhungry we are.
Plus, if you think a sig is too big, you can already report it, which is being done sometimes as well, so that thread isn't necessary either.
I'm not saying edit their sigs, I'm saying delete them entirely. If users were made to retype their sig everyday, including all the [COLOR]'s and [FONT]
s etc. , I'm sure they'd learn their doing something wrong. And don't people already think you guys are a little power hungry? By the sounds of it the priveledges of users are getting lessened unfairly (12 lines to 8 lines)

I think we should poll things like this. I'm going to make a poll to see if users would think the current system is better or if the plan i proposed would be more beneficiary. It's just annoying that our sigs are limited. Theres over 1000 WTA players and we're only given 8 lines to show our support..

However I don't want to sound like a complete whinger and a sook so I'm gonna come clean and say that this site is one of the best I've stumbed upon. Keep it up dudes and dudettes :worship:

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
Its simple!

One Rule: Don't make your sig so big that it will annoy other users.

If this rule is broken your sig will be instantly removed.

You can review the sigs before you delete them anyway, and its just common sense to tell if a sig is appropriate or not.

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
I'm not saying edit their sigs, I'm saying delete them entirely. If users were made to retype their sig everyday, including all the [COLOR]'s and [FONT]
s etc. , I'm sure they'd learn their doing something wrong. And don't people already think you guys are a little power hungry? By the sounds of it the priveledges of users are getting lessened unfairly (12 lines to 8 lines)

I think we should poll things like this. I'm going to make a poll to see if users would think the current system is better or if the plan i proposed would be more beneficiary. It's just annoying that our sigs are limited. Theres over 1000 WTA players and we're only given 8 lines to show our support..

However I don't want to sound like a complete whinger and a sook so I'm gonna come clean and say that this site is one of the best I've stumbed upon. Keep it up dudes and dudettes :worship:
delete them entirely would only make it worse:lol: Now THAT would be unfair and powerhungry.
There are a couple of reasons why we put limits on signatures, the most important being to keep the board browsable for everyone, including people with a slow connection. We think that to be accessible for everyone is more important than a few more lines in your sig.

Smaller sigs might be annoying people, but huge sigs are annoying even more people, we're trying to find the middle way.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts