Tennis Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
54,074 Posts
Jelena played very strong tennis in French Open 2017. And fully deserved this Grand Slam title :yeah:
She beat many great players. And clay GOAT Halep in the final - a very tough and difficult opponent.

Many other Grand Slam champions had much easier draws and weaker opponents:
For example other Grand Slam champions faced Sabine Lisicki, Schiavone, Vinci, Errani, Bouchard, Cibulkova or a very nervous Vondrousova in Grand Slam finals :tape:

And Cara Black was great in doubles.
But we all know that singles is more important.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Well this is an appropriate comparison since Ostapenko can only win matches in doubles these days.

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
695 Posts
The point I'm trying to make by comparing these two random players: all-time doubles great is more relevant to tennis history than someone who fluked a singles Slam.

Come at me. :eek:h:
..where's the poll?

Reactions: Ascanius

·
Art & Futures
20,452 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Sweetie, being a Mertens fan is pitiable enough. Even I have limits.

So... you have no response to the points made?

Expected for a troll who thinks Hingis is actually greater than Henin. Another flop thread.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
The only figure you can compare is the prize money:

Cara Black 7,7 Mio
Jelena Ostapenko 7,9 Mio already (and she is just 22 years old)

Ok, the prize money is getting higher and higher but still ...

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Btw: There is no doubt that Navratilova is the most succesful doubles player in history.

It is always difficult to compare singles to doubles success because especially these days most singles players don't play doubles at all. If they did they would change the doubles draws completly.
I believe that Federer is the better doubles partner than world #1 Mike Bryan and so is Kvitova better than Mladenovic (is she currently doubles #1)??

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,446 Posts
Btw: There is no doubt that Navratilova is the most succesful doubles player in history.

It is always difficult to compare singles to doubles success because especially these days most singles players don't play doubles at all. If they did they would change the doubles draws completly.
I believe that Federer is the better doubles partner than world #1 Mike Bryan and so is Kvitova better than Mladenovic (is she currently doubles #1)??
You believe Petra Kvitova is a better doubles player than Kristina Mladenovic? Did I actually read that? I don't want to put words into your mouth.

But if that is actually what you said, I really wish to know what drugs you are on.

For the record Petra Kvitova's career record as a doubles player is 8 wins, 23 losses.

·
Registered
37,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Expected for a troll who thinks Hingis is actually greater than Henin. Another flop thread.
And who actually remembers Herpes as opposed to Hingis? :lol:

Henin is to Hingis what doubles is to singles in terms of relevance. :x

·
always getting what i want
17,842 Posts
What is even the point of comparing a 22 year old with at least another decade ahead of her, with someone long retired anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
And who actually remembers Herpes as opposed to Hingis? :lol:

Henin is to Hingis what doubles is to singles in terms of relevance. :x
Agreed, people are starting to forget about Justine. She should get high on coke and beat her husband in the head with a DVD player in order to gain some of the notoriety back.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
Agreed, people are starting to forget about Justine. She should get high on coke and beat her husband in the head with a DVD player in order to gain some of the notoriety back.
Oh yes Joana, it was well documented what Chucky did to her husband, she was a brute. However, in Justine's defense, she had a really strange husband as well, just shook my head about that pairing.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Who??

·
Registered
37,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Actually, that didn't happen. And nobody would give a damn if Henin got high on coke, now or ever. I mean, did she even make the Top 5 of highest-paid sportswomen once in her career?

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
It's impossible to compare their careers. It's like thinking Paola Suárez is greater than Sabatini because of her doubles slams.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts