5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She died peacefully in her sleep.

May she rest in peace.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
A gentle way to go.
But sad news all the same. I am afraid that despite being a member of a royal family, she may not have had a very happy life.
My sympathy to all those who loved her.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
may she rest in peace.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Must be horrible for the Queen Mother, what with the 50th anniversary of her husband's death (which apparently she has never recovered from) and not a few days later her daughter dieing. It must be horrible to outlive a child.

I think being in the media spotlight every move she made was scrutinised and she couldn't live in the way she wanted because of that and her duty as well.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I only heard about this once I saw our fire stations flag at half mast.

Well, she had an interesting if not very sad life ... RIP

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Yeah, absolutely. She lived her life pretty much the way she wanted to, and enjoyed it I'm sure.

It's sad, as she was a pretty intelligent, down-to-earth (as much as you can be being a member of the aristocracy!), fun loving kind of woman.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Its sad news! I met her once when she came to th town i useed to live in!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
1,793 Posts
I met her when she came to my school for some ceremony or other. She seemed quite down to earth. I remember she lit a cigarette as soon as she left the building.

She lived life to the full and burnt the candle at both ends. Finally free from pain RIP Princess.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
my thoughts are with her friends and family and everyone who is hurt by this.

rest in peace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts