Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List of Primetime Emmy Nominations

Thursday July 15 8:46 AM ET

Nominees in major categories for the 56th annual Primetime Emmy Awards announced Thursday by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences:

Drama Series: "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS; "Joan of Arcadia," CBS; "The Sopranos," HBO; "24," Fox; "The West Wing," NBC.

Comedy Series: "Arrested Development," Fox; "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS; "Sex and the City," HBO; "Will & Grace," NBC.

ADVERTISEMENT
var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=125ghan5l/M=302740.5135825.6263653.1414694/D=tv/S=96181075:LREC/EXP=1089999023/A=2192585/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=11tore44i/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/protection.html";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_mail/061504_protection300x250_LREC.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=125ghan5l/M=302740.5135825.6263653.1414694/D=tv/S=96181075:LREC/EXP=1089999023/A=2192585/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=11tore44i/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/protection.html";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_mail/061504_protection300x250_LREC.jpg";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250; on error resume next plugin = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6")))Miniseries: "American Family Journey of Dreams," PBS; "Angels in America," HBO; "Horatio Hornblower," A&E; "Prime Suspect 6: The Last Witness (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; "Traffic: The Miniseries," USA.

Made-for-TV Movie: "And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself," HBO; "Ike: Countdown to D-Day," A&E; "The Lion in Winter," Showtime; "The Reagans," Showtime; "Something the Lord Made," HBO.

Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "Chappelle's Show," Comedy Central; "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart: Show No. 8037," Comedy Central; "Late Night With Conan O'Brien," NBC; "Late Show With David Letterman," CBS; "Saturday Night Live," NBC.

Variety, Music or Comedy Special: "A&E in Concert: Paul McCartney in Red Square," A&E; "The 76th Annual Academy Awards," ABC; "Chris Rock: Never Scared," HBO; "Elaine Stritch: At Liberty," HBO; "Ellen DeGeneres: Here and Now," HBO.

Actor, Drama Series: James Spader, "The Practice," ABC; James Gandolfini, "The Sopranos," HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, "24," Fox; Martin Sheen, "The West Wing," NBC; Anthony LaPaglia, "Without a Trace," CBS.

Actress, Drama Series: Jennifer Garner, "Alias," ABC; Amber Tamblyn, "Joan of Arcadia," CBS; Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," NBC; Edie Falco, "The Sopranos," HBO; Allison Janney, "The West Wing," NBC.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: Victor Garber, "Alias," ABC; Brad Dourif, "Deadwood," HBO; Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos," HBO; Steve Buscemi, "The Sopranos," HBO; John Spencer, "The West Wing," NBC.

Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Robin Weigert, "Deadwood," HBO; Tyne Daly, "Judging Amy," CBS; Drea de Matteo, "The Sopranos," HBO; Janel Moloney, "The West Wing," NBC; Stockard Channing, "The West Wing," NBC.

Actor, Comedy Series: Larry David, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; John Ritter, "8 Simple Rules," ABC; Kelsey Grammer, "Frasier," NBC; Matt LeBlanc, "Friends," NBC; Tony Shalhoub, "Monk," USA.

Actress, Comedy Series: Patricia Heaton, "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS; Jennifer Aniston, "Friends," NBC; Bonnie Hunt, "Life With Bonnie," ABC; Jane Kaczmarek, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Sarah Jessica Parker, "Sex and the City," HBO.

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Jeffrey Tambor, "Arrested Development," Fox; Brad Garrett, "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS; Peter Boyle, "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS; David Hyde Pierce, "Frasier," NBC; Sean Hayes, "Will & Grace," NBC.

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Doris Roberts, "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS; Kim Cattrall, "Sex and the City," HBO; Kristin Davis, "Sex and the City," HBO; Cynthia Nixon, "Sex and the City," HBO; Megan Mullally, "Will & Grace," NBC.

Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Antonio Banderas, "And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself," HBO; Al Pacino, "Angels in America," HBO; James Brolin, "The Reagans," Showtime; Alan Rickman, "Something the Lord Made," HBO; Mos Def, "Something the Lord Made," HBO.

Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Emma Thompson, "Angels in America," HBO; Meryl Streep, "Angels in America," HBO; Glenn Close, "The Lion in Winter," Showtime; Helen Mirren, "Prime Suspect 6: The Last Witness (Masterpiece Theatre)," PBS; Judy Davis, "The Reagans," Showtime.

Supporting Actor, Miniseries or a Movie: Patrick Wilson, "Angels in America," HBO; Justin Kirk, "Angels in America," HBO; Ben Shenkman, "Angels in America," HBO; Jeffrey Wright, "Angels in America," HBO; William H. Macy, "Stealing Sinatra," Showtime. Supporting Actress, Miniseries or a Movie: Mary-Louise Parker, "Angels in America," HBO; Angela Lansbury, "The Blackwater Lightship (Hallmark Hall Of Fame Presentation)," CBS; Julie Andrews, "Eloise at Christmastime," ABC; Anne Heche, "Gracie's Choice," Lifetime Television; Anjelica Huston, "Iron Jawed Angels," HBO.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
I'd comment but the way it's layed out it's too hard to read. I've got a mirgraine now. I'm going to have to pop a pink one.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Well... you know I don't even have to look at the nominees. Everything on TV now is trash. It's not like in my day when all the prime time shows were destined to be classics. You know it's shit when FOX has a show going for best comedy series.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Sally Struthers said:
I'd comment but the way it's layed out it's too hard to read. I've got a mirgraine now. I'm going to have to pop a pink one.
The nominees in the major categories for the 56th annual Primetime Emmy Awards were announced July 15th, 2004 by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Winners will be announced on September 19, 2004 at LA's Shrine Auditorium.
Comedy Series

"Arrested Development," FOX
"Curb Your Enthuasium," HBO
"Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS
"Sex and the City," HBO
"Will & Grace," NBC

Drama Series

"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS
"Joan of Arcadia," CBS
"The Sopranos," HBO
"24," Fox
"The West Wing," NBC

Reality/Competition Program

"The Amazing Race," CBS
"American Idol," FOX
"The Apprentice, NBC
Last Comic Standing, NBC
Survivor, CBS

Miniseries

"Angels In America," HBO
"Horatio Hornblower," A&E
"Ike: Countdown To D-Day ," A&E
"Something The Lord Made," HBO
"Traffic: The Miniseries ," USA

Made For Television Movie

"And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself," HBO
"Ike: Countdown To D-Day," A&E
"The Lion In Winter," Showtime
"The Reagans," Showtime
"Something The Lord Made," HBO

Variety, Music or Comedy Series

"Chappelle's Show," Comedy Central
"The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," Comedy Central
"Late Night With Conan O'Brien," NBC
"Late Show With David Letterman," CBS
"Saturday Night Live," NBC

Variety, Music or Comedy Special

"A&E In Concert: Paul McCartney In Red Square ," A&E
"The 76th Annual Academy Awards," ABC
"Chris Rock: Never Scared," HBO
"Elaine Stritch: At Liberty," HBO
"Ellen DeGeneres: Here And Now," HBO

Lead Actor, Comedy Series

Larry David, "Curb Your Enthuasium," HBO
John Ritter, "8 Simple Rules," ABC
Kelsey Grammar, "Frasier," NBC
Matt LeBlanc, "Friends," NBC
Tony Shalhoub, "Monk," USA

Lead Actor, Drama Series

James Spader, "The Practice,"ABC
James Gandolfini, "The Sopranos," HBO
Kiefer Sutherland, "24," FOX
Martin Sheen, "The West Wing," NBC
Anthony LaPaglia, "Without a Trace," CBS

Lead Actor, Miniseries or Movie

Antonio Banderas, "And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself," HBO
Al Pacino, "Angels In America," HBO
James Brolin, "The Reagans," Showtime
Alan Rickman, "Something The Lord Made," HBO
Mos Def, "Something The Lord Made," HBO

Lead Actress, Comedy Series

Patricia Heaton, "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS
Jennifer Aniston, "Friends," NBC
Bonnie Hunt, "Life with Bonnie," ABC
Jane Kaczmarek, "Malcolm in the Middle," FOX
Sarah Jessica Parker, "Sex and the City," HBO

Lead Actress, Drama Series

Jennifer Garner, "Alias," ABC
Amber Tamblyn, "Joan Of Arcadia," CBS
Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," NBC
Edie Falco, "The Sopranos," HBO
Allison Janney, "The West Wing," NBC

Lead Actress, Miniseries or Movie

Emma Thompson, "Angels In America," HBO
Meryl Streep, "Angels In America," HBO
Glenn Close, "The Lion In Winter," Showtime
Helen Mirren, "Prime Suspect 6: The Last Witness," PBS
Judy Davis, "The Reagans," Showtime

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series

Jeffrey Tambor, "Arrested Development," FOX
Brad Garrett, "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS
Peter Boyle, "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS
David Hyde Pierce, "Frasier," NBC
Sean Hayes, "Will & Grace," NBC

Supporting Actor, Drama Series

Victor Garber, "Alias," ABC
Brad Dourif, "Deadwood," HBO
Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos," HBO
Steve Buscemi, "The Sopranos," HBO
John Spencer, "The West Wing," NBC

Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie

Patrick Wilson, "Angels In America," HBO
Justin Kirk, "Angels In America," HBO
Ben Shenkman, "Angels in America," HBO
Jeffrey Wright, "Angels in America," HBO
William H. Macy, "Stealing Sinatra," Showtime

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series

Doris Roberts, "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS
Kim Cattrall, "Sex and the City," HBO
Kristin Davis, "Sex and the City," HBO
Cynthia Nixon, "Sex and the City," HBO
Megan Mullally, "Will & Grace," NBC

Supporting Actress, Drama Series

Robin Weigert, "Deadwood," HBO
Tyne Daly, "Judging Amy,"CBS
Drea de Matteo, "The Sopranos," HBO
Janel Moloney, "The West Wing," NBC
Stockard Channing, "The West Wing," NBC

Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie

Mary-Louise Parker, "Angels In America," HBO
Angela Lansbury, "The Blackwater Lightship," CBS
Julie Andrews, "Eloise At Christmastime," ABC
Anne Heche, "Gracie's Choic," Lifetime
Anjelica Huston, "Iron Jawed Angels," HBO

Writing, Comedy Series

Mitchell Hurwitz, "Arrested Development (Pilot)," FOX
Christopher Lloyd and Joe Keenan , "Frasier (Goodnight, Seattle)," NBC
Neil Goldman, "Scrubs (My Screwup)," NBC
Michael Patrick King, "Sex and the City (An American Girl In Paris Part Deux)," HBO
Julie Rottenberg and Elisa Zuritsky, , "Sex and the City (The Ick Factor)," HBO

Writing, Drama Series

David Milch, "Deadwood (Pilot)," HBO
Michael Caleo, "The Sopranos (Where's Johnny? )," HBO
Matthew Weiner, "The Sopranos (Unidentified Black Males )," HBO
Terence Winter, "The Sopranos (Long Term Parking)," HBO
Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess, "The Sopranos (Irregular Around The Margins)," NBC

Writing, Variety, Music or Comedy Program

"Chappelle's Show," Comedy Central
"Chris Rock: Never Scared," HBO
"The Daily Show With Jon Stewart ," Comedy Central
"Late Night With Conan O'Brien," NBC
"Late Show With David Letterman," CBS

Writing, Miniseries or Movie

Larry Gelbart, "And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself," HBO
Tony Kushner, "Angels In America," HBO
Sally Robinson, Eugenia Bostwick-Singer, Raymond Singer, Jennifer Friedes, "Iron Jawed Angels," HBO
Jane Marchwood, Tom Rickman, Elizabeth Egloff, "The Reagans," Showtime
Peter Silverman, Robert Caswell, "Something the Lord Made," HBO

Anything for you Sal.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
Do you think John Ritter will win because he died?

The Academy only fell for the death thing once, with Peter Finch. I voted for William Holden that year, I thought Finch was more supporting, and Holden was from my generation. Then he dumps broads our age and shacks up with Stefania Federkiewicz, that yenta from Hart to Hart, and bleeds to death after falling into a coffee table drunk.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Helen Lawson said:

The Academy only fell for the death thing once, with Peter Finch. I voted for William Holden that year, I thought Finch was more supporting, and Holden was from my generation. Then he dumps broads our age and shacks up with Stefania Federkiewicz, that yenta from Hart to Hart, and bleeds to death after falling into a coffee table drunk.
Kay Lenz told me that Bill was hot in bed but I just couldn’t be attracted to anyone who was married to Beatrice Straight even if it was only on celluloid.

Oh and Hel, Stef tried to convince she was a natural redhead but RJ confided that the drapes didn’t match the carpet.

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
Megan Mullally, "Will & Grace," NBC :woohoo:

Sean Hayes, "Will & Grace," NBC

"Will & Grace," NBC

Will and grace rules!!!!

karen and Jack are the best :p

·
Banned
886 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
Nothing matches on Stefania Federkiewicz. No matching numbers on that broad, nothing's original, not even the name. I mean Edythe Marrener is loads better than Stefania Federkiewicz.
Hon, she wanted to keep her name when she was April Dancer but CBS balked something like “look, your Easter European ass should be happy to be employed!”

Edythe is spelled all Britishy.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Helen Lawson said:

Of course he'll win like Michael J. Fox did when he announced he had Parkinson's disease. Can you believe it Hel? All you have to do these days is die or say you have some disease and you'll get the sympathy vote and a sure Emmy win. It's disgusting.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
Is it just me, or did the Sopranos totally suck last season, and Sex in the City sucked for the last 3 seasons. I mean, WTF, and Everyone Loves Raymond, I watched two of them and figured reading my 800-page History of China tome would be more entertaining.
I tuned in late to Angels in America and it was some discussion about Al Pacino having herpes warts and then nothing made sense after that and I thought maybe I was having a stroke so I went to the emergency room with Carole Ann, but I was fine.

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Hel, it's not just you. Like I said before, everytihng sucks recently. The Sex in the City nominations are just token nominations since it's going off the air. LEt's look at the nominees... Aressted Devolpment... Fox... need I say more? "Joan of Arcadia" ... in my day if you said you were channeling god and doing his business they'd lock you up and put you on a thorazine drip faster than Helen can say "oscar." CSI... they're not fooling anyone... it's like er meets law and order... the sopranos is tired... 24.... well let's just say my day is never that exciting and neither is anyone else's on the planet...

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
James Spader :hearts:

·
Banned
886 Posts
Tyne Daly, "Judging Amy,"CBS

Bitch!

·
Registered
736 Posts
As an Emmy winner myself , I got to vote.

I voted for Angela Lansbury - Ange and I go way back. Ange is great, isn't she Hel? I know you know her from your cameo as a corpse on Murder, She Wrote. And Ange is up against Anne Heche! Anne Heche?! Will the sanitorium let her out for the night?

Elaine Stritch is up for an Emmy?! My God, is she still freakin' alive? I know Neely and Helen had a few runs in with her on Broadway.

I am voting for all the old gals - Tyne, Ange, Kim Cattrall.....

As long as that bitch Doris Roberts does not win again. Talentless old bag. You can see the hate on the faces of her fellow cast members when she goes up for every Emmy. I'll never forget Doris's face the night Meg Mullally won that category - Doris couldn't believe it and started walking up to collect the Emmy and had to be restrained while gnawing the arm of her chair!

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
Hey Joan, do you do fashion consultations? I need advice on what to wear from the master.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sal, I think this would look great on you.

Are you giving out an award this year Sal?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts