Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a place to put specific match predictions after the draws have been made, but since Iva isn't playing this week, I guess that we could post predictions for her 2002 season.

Doha:

If Iva is not injured and does face Venus Williams early on, she should make the quarters at least (her ranking will once again be back in the top 50)

Dubai:

Similar to Doha

Indian Wells:

Let's hope for an easy draw and Iva should make the third round.

Miami:

I'll be there for the finals so she better win. Realistically, we should expect her to repeat last year's third round.

Charleston:

Second or third round depending on the draw

Clay-court season:

QFs and SFs, but not a tournament win yet because of lack of confidence.

RG:

She should be seeded by this time and I think that she has a good chance to make the fourth round if she gets a good draw.

Wimbledon:

Second or third round (she will be seeded, but grass is her worst surface).

US Hardcourt Circut:

Maybe a QF, but don't keep your hopes up.

US Open:

Not exactly Iva's favorite tournament. We should be happy if she defends her points from last year.

European Indoors Circut:

Iva's second favorite time of the year. This is when I think she will make a surprise run, upset top players and possibly win a tournament.

Year-end ranking: 18

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
Nice predictions! I really hope they come true!

A fully fit Iva can do well in Doha and Dubai (if she plays both)...I expect she can definately go QF as u said. Providing she has a good draw of course!

I expect Iva to make her charge in Europe for the clay season...if she can get on some kind of a roll before Paris, then she can do anything!

Heres hoping!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Go Iva!! I think the predictions are quite alright. I do hope Iva may crack the top 20 by the year end.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
These predictions are very realistic for Iva this year. I think she can get back into the top 20 and then hopefully go from there. Keep in mind, as well, that this is only her 2nd year playing a full schedule again. She doesn't have too many points to defend in between the season either.

Good luck Iva the Diva!! :bounce: :bounce:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts