2000 Tokyo Carpet (I) 32 Lisa RAYMOND 6-1,6-4
2000 Birmingham Grass (O) FR Lisa RAYMOND 6-2,7-6(7),6-4

Head to Head record on grass : 1 : 1 :hearts:
1999 Birmingham Grass (O) 32 Tamarine TANASUGARN 1-6,7-6,7-5
2000 Birmingham Grass (O) FR Lisa RAYMOND 6-2,6-7(7),6-4

Win-Loss record on grass :kiss:
Tammy : 32-18(64%) from 1996-2003
Raymond : 46-25(65%) from 1993-2003

I'm exciting that Tammy will be playing Lisa for the third time on grass again. Interesting :eek: the past two times both players has been also playing here in Birmingham. Head to Head record is 1 : 1. Tammy won in 1999 but lost in the final in 2000. Lisa's always playing great tennis on grass, grass suit her game very much. It's going to be tough to beat her. I will be happy if Tammy dominate to win.

Head to Head record ( 1:1 ) will be going either way.

Good luck Tammy. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: Prove me you can do it.
Lisa, hope you will be doing well as usual but I want Tammy to win.

:worship: :hearts: :worship:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Tammy please win to be seeded to kill the possibility of drawing Serena in the first round of Wimbledon :bounce:

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al said:
Tammy please win to be seeded to kill the possibility of drawing Serena in the first round of Wimbledon :bounce:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Let's prove that you can beat anyone on grass, Tammy!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
713 Posts
Memories of 2000 Final

From what I can remember, Tammy fought back after being behind in the 2nd set to force it to a tiebreaker. I think she was also down 2-6 in the tiebreaker and just willed herself to win the 2nd set. It was really a pity when she was broken in the 3rd set. She had a good cry in the locker room after the trophy ceremony.

I think the bitter taste of defeat will motivate her to bring out her A-game for tomorrow's rematch. I expect Lisa will be serve & volleying. I just hope Tammy's laser service returns are on, and that she can keep her 1st serve percentage high. She also needs to be the aggressor when she can.

I predict Tammy will win in 3 close sets.

Go, Tammy, go! We LOVE you!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
LISA RAYMOND for me!
Having watched both their opening matches on Centre Court,I was of the impression that Raymond"s game looked in better shape.
Should be a tight match though.
WTA Handicapper

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I think Tammy can do it. :)

Go Tammy! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Go Tammy - but I think Lisa will win relatively easily~

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TammysBigSis said:
From what I can remember, Tammy fought back after being behind in the 2nd set to force it to a tiebreaker. I think she was also down 2-6 in the tiebreaker and just willed herself to win the 2nd set. It was really a pity when she was broken in the 3rd set. She had a good cry in the locker room after the trophy ceremony.

I think the bitter taste of defeat will motivate her to bring out her A-game for tomorrow's rematch. I expect Lisa will be serve & volleying. I just hope Tammy's laser service returns are on, and that she can keep her 1st serve percentage high. She also needs to be the aggressor when she can.

I predict Tammy will win in 3 close sets.

Go, Tammy, go! We LOVE you!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Rose :hearts: Your prediction isn't correct. She won in 2 easy sets. Your little sister played more better than we expect. Hope she make the final and hold the title.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Congrats to Tamarine.
But Raymond was woeful,with her serve misfiring and playing too many casual shots.
Looked like playing Tennis was the last thing she wanted to do,and when I saw her later,she was sitting alone looking quite a forlorn figure on a bench trying to reach somebody on her mobile.
On todays evidence,her Singles experience is going to be a short one at Eastbourne and Wimbledon!
WTA Handicapper

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WTA Handicapper said:
Congrats to Tamarine.
But Raymond was woeful,with her serve misfiring and playing too many casual shots.
Looked like playing Tennis was the last thing she wanted to do,and when I saw her later,she was sitting alone looking quite a forlorn figure on a bench trying to reach somebody on her mobile.
On todays evidence,her Singles experience is going to be a short one at Eastbourne and Wimbledon!
WTA Handicapper
Thanks for the info. :worship:
That means you watched the match. It would be great if you could let me know more details. Did Tammy serve well ?

Bad luck Lisa. :sad: Tammy also were upset :sad: after the match when she lost to Lisa (6-2,6-7,6-4) in the final Birmongham 2000. That is tennis because you can't play well everyday.

C'mon Tammy. :hearts:
Good luck Lisa in next week at Eastbourne.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Hi Jirobkk
Yes you are right Tennis players are not machines and they are all entitled to have off days.
As for Tammy,she did everything right.Kept the ball in play and served very well and passing shots were accurate.She is playing with confidence and looks good for a successful grass season.
Also Ive seen her all week off court at various times,and what a delightful girl!Always has a smile on her face,and deals with her fans well.
WTA Handicapper

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WTA Handicapper said:
Hi Jirobkk
Yes you are right Tennis players are not machines and they are all entitled to have off days.
As for Tammy,she did everything right.Kept the ball in play and served very well and passing shots were accurate.She is playing with confidence and looks good for a successful grass season.
Also Ive seen her all week off court at various times,and what a delightful girl!Always has a smile on her face,and deals with her fans well.
WTA Handicapper
Thank you so much WTA Handicapper, :worship:
Glad to know Tammy's playing well. Her serve is her weak point in the past but she's been serving better and better. I hope she will continue playing great tennis today.

Please tell her "Jiro from Bangkok wish her all the best of luck" if you meet her again. :hearts:

Thank you in advance. :worship:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
713 Posts
WTA Handicapper--

Thanks for the report! Tell her her family in L.A. sends her all their love and best wishes, too!

Ta, mate!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Hi Jiro and Tammy"s Big Sis!
Sorry but I didnt see this before I went this morning.
Todays match for me was the game of the Championship,three hours of maybe not high quality tennis,but drama and tension of the highest order!
In the opening set,it looked like Tammy was gonna blow Elena off the court,as she broke straight away and was serving well.
However Tammy seemed to get a bit tight when trying to close the set out,and indeed the winning set point was on a disputed line call.
In the second set Daniilidou who has played better match by match,started to find her range and quickly broke Tanasugarn and was the better player.
Then at the change over with Eleni leading 5-2,Tammy called for the trainer and had an medical time out as her right foot was attended to.
She then resumed and held her serve,and then broke the Greek to go 4-5.Tammy then held her serve,and with both girls not playing their best,broke again to lead 6-5.
So all that was needed was one good service game,and Tammy was through to the Semi.But sadly she couldnt find a good first serve,and with Daniilidou seemingly not having to do much,was broken.
So tie break time,and Elena took the early advantage as again the serve of Tanasugarn went "Missing". and despite a late effort she lost the breaker 7-5.
In the Final set,with both players mixing great shots with Amateur errors,Elena got the early break and looked the stronger player.But showing great heart Tammy broke back as the Greek served for the match at 5-4.
But Danniilidou broke straight back,only for Tanasugarn to break Again!So it was another tiebreak,and crucially with Tammy serving first she couldnt again find a first serve and was broken,as Elena took the early advantage.Indeed Tammy"s 4 points in the breaker were all on Elena"s serve!Which tells you how her serve had deserted her when needed most.
On the match winning point,Elena gave out the loudest scream as Tammy fell to the ground exhausted by her mammoth effort.
Both girls embraced each other with great affection and respect.It was a real epic and neither girl deserved to lose.
Tammy looked obviously heart broken,but the good news is that the injury she seemed to have cant be serious as I saw her with the entourage watching the Navrotilava doubles match at 7.00pm,and she seemed to be walking ok.
WTA Handicapper

1 - 20 of 21 Posts