Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wooden Spoon award is the most prestigious sought after award in every Grand Slam especially at Wimbledon, the pre-eminent championships in tennis.

So who do you think would have the honor and deserving of the award:

The Ultimate Wooden Spoon Award
:devil:

awarded to players since qualifying rounds.


My candidate is Jelena Dokic :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,116 Posts
wait, i don't understand. How can qualifying be included? that would mean that a qualifier would have to lose in round 1 to a player that lost in rd 2 to the player that lost in round 3 to the player that lost in rond 4 to the player that lost in the QF to the player that lost in the SF to the player than lost in the final to the champion... right? What if the player who loses in round 1 to the player who loses in round 2 to the player that loses in round 3 to the player that loses in round 4 to the player that loses in the QF to that player that loses in the SF to the player that loses in the final to the eventual champion isn't a qualifier?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Junex

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I♥Lindsay said:
wait, i don't understand. How can qualifying be included? that would mean that a qualifier would have to lose in round 1 to a player that lost in rd 2 to the player that lost in round 3 to the player that lost in rond 4 to the player that lost in the QF to the player that lost in the SF to the player than lost in the final to the champion... right? What if the player who loses in round 1 to the player who loses in round 2 to the player that loses in round 3 to the player that loses in round 4 to the player that loses in the QF to that player that loses in the SF to the player that loses in the final to the eventual champion isn't a qualifier?

That is why its called the "Ultimate Wooden Spoon Awardee"!!!

otherwise it will just be a "wooden Spoon award" which is lame in comparison.... :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,116 Posts
Junex said:
That is why its called the "Ultimate Wooden Spoon Awardee"!!!

otherwise it will just be a "wooden Spoon award" which is lame in comparison.... :p
no, you don't understand what i'm saying. What if it's not possible for there to be an Ultimate wooden spoon winner?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I♥Lindsay said:
no, you don't understand what i'm saying. What if it's not possible for there to be an Ultimate wooden spoon winner?

Yes, that makes it prestigious because its possible no-one will get the award, saying that if one gets one, its a chance in a lifetime and an ultimate achievement!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,116 Posts
Junex said:
Yes, that makes it prestigious because its possible no-one will get the award, saying that if one gets one, its a chance in a lifetime and an ultimate achievement!!!
oh, so by predicting we could just be wasting our time? I see... ;), just kidding ;)


if there is one, I think it's going to be Eva Hrdinova b/c i think Nicole will lose in the 1st round :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I♥Lindsay said:
oh, so by predicting we could just be wasting our time? I see... ;), just kidding ;)
if there is one, I think it's going to be Eva Hrdinova b/c i think Nicole will lose in the 1st round :D

but i'll have my v-cash.... :devil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,560 Posts
If Jelena gets it, I think I will die :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ChrisCHorse said:
No one will get it. Especially not Dokic because Yaroslava Shvedova is going to win her 1st round match. :armed:

We will seee...we'll see.... :hearts:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hotduncz_!8 said:
Maria Sharapova! :devil:
to win the rosewater dish!!!!! :bounce:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top