Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maria's tournament schedule since she turns 17. Participation in slams and YEC are not restricted. And as GE she has one additional tournament, thus there are 14 WTA events she can play. With the addition of 4 slams and YEC she will have max of 19 events by the time she turns 18 (could be 20 if she play Olympics, not restricted as well)

4 WTA events so far
Berlin
Rome
Birmingham
San Diego

5 event Commitments
Montreal
New Haven
Beijing
Seoul
Tokyo

2 event possible participation
Miami
Indian Wells

------------------------------------
11 WTA events

(i) Between the date of a player’s seventeenth (17th) birthday and the day before her eighteenth (18th) birthday a player may participate in a maximum of thirteen (13) professional Tournaments plus the Championships (if she qualifies), Fed Cup, and four (4) exhibition/non-Tour events. (excluding the 2004 Olympics)

(ii) These players are permitted to receive a maximum of six (6) Wild Cards into any WTA Tour or ITF Women’s Circuit Tournament, up to three (3) into Main Draws and the remaining into Qualifying Draws.

For the purposes of this rule, a player’s age is determined by her
age as of the date of start of a Tournament’s Main Draw.

and regarding AER on GE players
During the calendar year of being named to Exempt status, a player will be allowed to participate in up to one (1) additional Tournament only if her participation in that Tournament is necessary for her to meet her Player Commitment requirements.

A Gold Exempt player under the Age Eligibility Rule (AER) will be allowed up to eight (8) Wild Cards, no more than five (5) into the Main Draw and the remaining into Qualifying. A Silver Exempt player under the AER rule will be allowed up to seven (7) Wild Cards, a maximum of four (4) in the Main Draw and the remaining in Qualifying.

·
Banned
589 Posts
CJK said:
That's all she is required to play. I think she is cutting down the tournaments and just go for the high tier ones. I'm pretty sure she'll be one of the top 3 gold exempt players in 2005. Do you think she will play that "many" tournaments or will she start playing like a star?;)
Yes, I think she will. Everybody but the sisters Williams and the oft-broken Davenport and Mauresmo do.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She just added another one to her schedule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts