Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, predicting the future is never easy. I believe it's even tougher in WTA where I hear people say: "inconsistency", "worst season ever", "random runs", "weak era", "ITF level", "peak WTA" and so on and on...

So here's my question and a little game for you: predict the TOP10 at the end of 2022 season.

For every player you hit the target you get 3 points.
If you miss the target by 1 spot you get 2 points.
If you miss the target by 2 spots but a player is still in TOP10 you get 1 point.
If you predict correctly Year End No. 1 you get extra bonus 3 points.

Examples:
Player X predicted as no 9 ends 9th (hit the target) - 3 points
Player X predicted as no 9 ends 8th (missed by 1) - 2 points
Player X predicted as no 9 ends 10th (missed by 1) - 2 points
Player X predicted as no 9 ends 7th (missed by 2 or more) - 1 point
Player X predicted as no 9 ends 6th (missed by 2 or more) - 1 point
Player X predicted as no 9, ends 11th - 0 points (out of TOP10)
Player X predicted as Year End No 1, ends no 1 - 3 (hit the target) + 3 (bonus) = 6 points
Player X predicted as Year End No 1, ends no 2 (missed by 1) - 2 points
Player X predicted as Year End No 1, ends no 3 (missed by 2 or more) - 1 point

You may place your bets until Sunday 16th of January 2022 (last day before Australian Open starts).

I promise to update to scores after at least every major based on WTA live Race.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For the record: Raducanu was just an example. But I'll edit it so that it doesn't turn into a trolling thread. That would be a shame.

Registered
if player X win a GS again then she probably will be top 5 next year. If player X can not win a GS again then she falls out the top. That鈥檚 my prediction

Registered
Sorry I only put money on things with realistic odds of winning. So Euro Jackpot with 5 out of 50, plus 2 out of 10 is more my game. :LOL:

Reactions: wikuch

Registered
I have more chance winning Tattslotto this weekend but here goes anyway,

My predictions for Top 10 after the season ending Championships of 2022 is as follows, assuming no injury and a reasonable schedule.
1 Sabalenka,
2 Barty,
3 Swiatek,
4 Osaka,
5 Svitolina,
6 Muguruza,
7 Krejcikova,
8 Andreescu,
9 Halep,
10 Rybakina.

Bubbling under,
Sakkari,
Fernandez,
Bencic.

Registered
1. Barty
2. Sabalenka
3. Swiatek
4. Osaka
5. Jabeur
6. Muguruza
7. Krejcikova
8. Rybakina
9. Badosa
10. Andreescu

Top 20 will definitely include Tauson, Raducanu and Fernandez.

I feel Clara is ready for a deep run next year in at least one of the slams and that momentum will carry her into the top 20. After seeing what the likes of Emma and Leylah have done this year, she'll want to prove a point.

I'm not sure Leylah will win big big tournaments next year (1000+ events), but she'll make deeper runs instead of going out in R1 and R2 like most of the tournaments she's been in this year. So she'll become more consistent across the board, and might sneak a 500 somewhere.

I'm less confident about Emma right now. She needs the experience, a settled team, and more matches under her belt first to develop that level of consistency required to maintain a top 20 position. She'll just squeeze in next year imo and make a real push in 2023.

Registered
1. Barty
2. Sabalenka
3. Swiatek
4. Osaka
5. Krejcikova
6. Halep
7. Muguruza
8. Rybakina
9. Andreescu
10. Bencic

That'll almost certainly be wrong 馃槀 not sure about half of them tbh.

Reluctant to put people like Raducanu, Fern谩ndez etc. But agree with other posters that they could and should feature top 20 - perhaps Tauson as well.

Registered
1. Barty
2. Krejcikova
3. Swiatek
4. Kontaveit
5. Gauff
6. Tauson
7. Raducanu
8. Osuigwe
9. Gasanova
10. Kostyuk

Might as well pick random names off the top of my head as try and make any kind of 鈥渆ducated鈥 guess.

Registered
Barty
Pliskova
Andreescu
Swiatek
Sabalenka
Muguruza
Raducanu
Krejcikova
Muguruza
Gauff

Registered
1. Osaka
2. Barty
3. Ostapenko
4. Fernandez
5. Andreescu
6. Raducanu
7. Sabalenka
8. Swiatek
9. Krejcikova
10. Jabeur

Reactions: guitarra

Registered
1.Barty.....best player.....not in doubt,....pure class.... hitting her peak
2.Andreescu....super talented and healthy.... few points to defend. You know she makes my list, might as well be high up.
3.Halep.....rock solid veteran.....not many points to defend....hitting 30.....chip on her shoulder...something to prove.
4.Swiatek.....solid Pole will be a fixture here for awhile.
5.Krejcikova.....will follow up with a good year.....never beats herself....plays smart, "meat and potatoes" tennis...solid.
6.Jabeur.....magic hands.....got herself to YEC in 2021....looking to get back there.
7.Badosa.....steady growth....her power game has stepped up...looks confident and strong.
8.Sabalenka....a lot of points to defend...will drop some,....but over the "hump" at Slams....will stay in.
9.Rybakina....Massive, smooth serving and hitting will click........will finally get the errors under control.
10.Fernandez.....just a demon to play against....great defender. Iron will and suprising offence carries her to a spot.

Now @guitarra ....the only thing you haven't covered is how many BONUS points I will get for picking 1-10 in the exact correct order. ;)Cheers.

Registered
1. Gatto-Monticone
2. Bouzkova
3. Hercog
4. McHale
5. Fett
6. Barthel
7. Peterson
8. Brengle
9. Hart
10. Zanevska

• Love
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

Registered
Everyone starts with 0 points on January 1.
Everyone accumulates points during the year of 2022 from January 1 to December 31
The placing are determined by the points accumulated during the year of 2022.
Is this correct? This is the way I see it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if player X win a GS again then she probably will be top 5 next year. If player X can not win a GS again then she falls out the top. That鈥檚 my prediction
Yes and no, Chris.

Both Emma and Naomi won slams in 2021 and they will end the season out of TOP5 (most likely out of TOP10 if Naomi calls it a season).

So even winning a slam does not guarantee you a TOP10 spot at the end of the season.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1. Gatto-Monticone
2. Bouzkova
3. Hercog
4. McHale
5. Fett
6. Barthel
7. Peterson
8. Brengle
9. Hart
10. Zanevska
I usually give you likes, mate. But this is clearly a trolling attempt in my "super serious" games thread.

I will count your votes though and you have a very good shot at finishing this contest in the last position! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
1 - 20 of 75 Posts