• daj no ! Winner !

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Will not participate Withdraw

Votes: 1 1.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tamara has only played one Wimbledon main draw in 2019

Lost in 2nd round against Qiang Wang (seed #15) 6/1 6/2 after beating Bouchard (ex-finalist 馃槀 ) in the first round 6/3 5/7 8/6

How far can she go this year after her Roland Garros SF ?

Registered
R2 again?

Reactions: *Jool*

Registered
Obviously draw dependent, had she have won today she would have been a seed, so perhaps would have had a bit more leeway, but I'd probably expect at least half of the likely field to beat her, so I'll go for R1. I'd be surprised if she made R3.

Registered
Tamara beat Genie at Wimbledon so she is clearly dangerous there. She'll have high pressure after Roland Garros though, and difficulty maintaining this level. R1 is likely imo (depending on the draw), but she'll do well there at some point.

Registered
A first round lost to Harriet Dart...LOL...

Registered
I expect all 4 in these 2 semis out in week 1 next major. They are nothing special and opponents will be mentally ready for them because of their big FO

Registered
That's one possible conclusion to draw from that result.
:LOL:

I watched that match and if I remember right (possibly not) Genie wasn't bad, Tamara was just better on the big points.

I reckon she could certainly improve on that R2 but as has been said it's all very draw dependent.

Registered
i also watched that match tamara was 3 0 up in the second set with a double break she should have won in straight sets btw i backed tamara to win in straight sets

Registered
I think it was 2019 when Zidansek and Genie had an insane first round encounter that finished under 3 hours. Zidansek won that one.

Reactions: iGOAT

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
She鈥檚 not comfortable on grass and she said she鈥檒l withdraw from Bad Homburg and train in Slovenia till Wimbledon. So basically R1 loss no matter the draw, she鈥檚 not Serena to just avoid playing warm up events.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts