Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I predict: Dokic at #237 after those AO QF points go off. Dokic has failed to build anything on her momentum. The tennis season is not only 1 month a year.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Nor is the tennis season 3 months of the year...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
'The tennis season is not only 1 month a year.'

Exactly, so in your own words:
Give the girl some time, there's a lot of added pressure to perform on her shoulders and little rest in the last 2 months. What did you think would happen? Her rising inside top20 before june? That's hardly realistic looking at how many years it took her to get herself together again.

I'm confident that she'll get steadier during the clay and grass season.

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
You're an idiot. :rolls: Shes been exhausted since shes been training so hard since november to get into this position, she needs a break then she'll be back in form.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
She'll probably have a couple of wins at the lower level tournaments, maybe reach a quarterfinal. Possibly win a match at Wimbledon too this year.

After the AO next year I'll predict her ranking will be about #86.

·
Premium Member
4,866 Posts
You're an idiot. :rolls: Shes been exhausted since shes been training so hard since november to get into this position, she needs a break then she'll be back in form.
That's the life of the tour, though. Generally, you don't get a two month break in the middle of the season. And if you do, you're probably still training during that time off. She hasn't had a lot of match play since the AO, so I question why she wasn't able to go home at all during that time, even if only for two weeks.

Now I don't think she's going to continue losing in the 1R of every tournament she plays, but it's Dokic. Nobody ever knows how she's going to play.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts