The ranking system sucks

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
"Justine beats Kim 6-0 6-4 in US Open final again, but is now ranked #1" :D

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
If Justine really wins the US Open, and Kim for sure still will be #1, that would so funny that both this years slam winners are #2 & #3 in the world!!
Yeah, rankings would say a lot!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Unfortunately, I think the headline's more likely to be "Kim STILL can't beat an injured Serena!"

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Lady said:
If Justine really wins the US Open, and Kim for sure still will be #1, that would so funny that both this years slam winners are #2 & #3 in the world!!
Yeah, rankings would say a lot!
I said that would be the case if Kim were to be in the final herself!

This would make her a two time GS finalist, two time GS semifinalist and holder of the Championships.

Some consider making a slam final nothing in comparison to winning. It's only one match difference you know, which is refelected in the ranking system by rewarding it with about 70% of the winners points, and not 0 % as some seem to be thinking

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
OK, scrub my last post - I only just found out that Serena will not be able to defend. Hey, every cloud has a silver lining; at least now we'll get a US Open final worth watching.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hendouble said:
OK, scrub my last post - I only just found out that Serena will not be able to defend. Hey, every cloud has a silver lining; at least now we'll get a US Open final worth watching.
;) :wavey:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
What a fascinating response. Believe it or not, I'm not exactly dancing with glee that Serena has to undergo surgery, but if her missing the US Open means that people like you are pissed off then I really couldn't be happier about it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Henin claims the number one spot!
Henin, who claimed the coup suzanne langlen and won the US-Open major now leapfrogged Kim by taking the World Championships.

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
Hendouble said:
What a fascinating response. Believe it or not, I'm not exactly dancing with glee that Serena has to undergo surgery, but if her missing the US Open means that people like you are pissed off then I really couldn't be happier about it.
How classy and intelligent was that! I am happy about an injury of person A b/c it will make person B, whom I don't like, unhappy; it doesn't matter person A has done nothing wrong to me and isn't associated with B. Great logic! Hey, while we are at it, why don't we nuke pakistan? That's bound to make Osama unhappy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Kim withdraw of the usopen after injuring herself after doing a split to reach a ball.
And someone will say that an expert predicted it some times ago, that it was sure to happen with this kind of thing ;)

More seriously, It scares me when Kim is doing splits on hardcourts :eek:
I still don't know how she hasn't injured herself doing this.
I think it's a very risky move especially on hardcourts as her ankles could be blocked :eek:

·
Registered
34,284 Posts
"With a fascinating performance, Martínez got her second GS" :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts