Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you know that she's the only player (not counting those one-timers) who has a leading H2H against Steffi Graf. Jo leads 4-3.
:worship: :worship: :p

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
GO JO! :bounce:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Willow said:
...does that mean she's the greatest ever...?
Possibly

·
Registered
60 Posts
Willow said:
...does that mean she's the greatest ever...?
No. It just means that I've been over-looked for far too long. Great topic... It really is! I'm chuffed to bits, I really am! :)

Reactions: hingis-seles

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Jo Durie said:
No. It just means that I've been over-looked for far too long. Great topic... It really is! I'm chuffed to bits, I really am! :)
How could a woman of your...erm...stature be overlooked.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
How could a woman of your...erm...stature be overlooked.
Was that a "comment" alluding to my derriere?

And I have no idea why not many people know that I'm A Former World Number 5 who owned STEFFI GRAF... I don't think it's right that I can walk around the grounds of Wimbledon and have hardly anyone ask me for my autograph... That Sam Smith gets more requests than me! I shouldn't admit to that really should I? I really shouldn't...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
It is an amazing accomplishment to have a winning record against Steffi. btw, Jo, how old was Steffi the first time you beat her...8..9? ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Jo's been dining out on that little stat since the late '80s. Some people just can't move on with their lives.

Anyway Jo honey, what's the latest? Are you & Wendy Turnbull still planning on launching your business together where you hire out your tennis kits as marquees? I'm sure it will be a roaring success, *giggle*

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
:rolleyes:

Woooo thats so grown up.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Yes, let's praise Ms. Durie- she had a great serve-and-volley game. In fact, let's take her out to lunch with Linda Ferrando. We can all take notes on how to surprise the great ones when they're either young or too lazy to do their homework.

Maybe Pam Shriver could stop by for dessert- a little tart or waifer, maybe? :lol:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Jo's cool, not many people could guide Jeremy Bates to 2 mixed doubles titles. :D

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Lets go bendy for Wendy!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I like both their haircuts. Give them some flannel shirts, levis, and hiking boots and they're a regular Kournikova twin :lol: fashion panel.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Further to that, Jo has two other remarkable stats:

She is the only top ten player to use a racquet that looked like a canoe paddle.

She is the only tennis player ever two have two service motions. During the same serve.

All hail Jo! :worship:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Joana said:
Did you know that she's the only player (not counting those one-timers) who has a leading H2H against Steffi Graf. Jo leads 4-3.
:worship: :worship: :p
LOL. Melissa Brown has a winning record over Steffi too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Kathy Rinaldi said:
Jo's been dining out on that little stat since the late '80s. Some people just can't move on with their lives.

Anyway Jo honey, what's the latest? Are you & Wendy Turnbull still planning on launching your business together where you hire out your tennis kits as marquees? I'm sure it will be a roaring success, *giggle*
I know I've probably let myself go a bit over the years. I do like a nice cheesecake or two from time to time. And a nice burger, and I've gotten into Mexican food lately... I like refried beans a lot but they tend to pass through me quickly. And I'll have you know that I donated my tennis skirts to poor countries who can't afford parachutes. Marquees? Tsh!

Anyhow... I was quite a looker in my day I'll have you know.

·
Registered
60 Posts
alfajeffster said:
I like both their haircuts. Give them some flannel shirts, levis, and hiking boots and they're a regular Kournikova twin :lol: fashion panel.

Jo Durie?

Anna Kournikova???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts