Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Horrible quality match. Both played really bad but of course if both play bad Giorgi will always lose as she can play worse than anyone.

Elise needed some match wins and produced many decent junk balls to get the errors. She should make the finals here.
Giorgi’s 6th match in 9days of which 4 3-setters. She can go to NY, rest a bit and practice on hard. 140points over 2 clay court events is very good

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
How many UE did Camila hit?

100?

·
Registered
18,441 Posts
Camila has been playing well, but with her, you're always kinda just waiting for the other shoe to drop. And it did here against a player who knows how to trouble her. I was hoping for a muuuuch better match because they certainly could have produced it.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Elise was just to consistent and ground Camila down.

The 7th game of the first set was the turning point. 22 points in that game, Camila had many chances to hold and was broken.
That was pretty much it, although Camila had 0-40 on Elise's serve late in the second set to get back into it, she couldn't break her.
You know what you get nearly every time with Elise, not so with Camila, although she has had a pretty good 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Pleasantly surprised, I thought Mertens would get steamrolled based on what I saw in her previous match. Then again it is Camikaze, anything can happen with her.

·
Registered
18,441 Posts
Horrible quality match. Both played really bad
Was it? I only saw it on and off, and while not exactly a thriller, and i was hoping for a three-setter, I thought they both did OK. Some great rallies, great winners. And it's clay so you're going to get errors, especially from someone like Giorgi. But horrible? That's a bit extreme.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Not sure what match you were watching but Giorgi could barely keep the ball in court.

Elise served ok and put a few balls in play and the rest was down to Giorgi.

Was it? I only saw it on and off, and while not exactly a thriller, and i was hoping for a three-setter, I thought they both did OK. Some great rallies, great winners. And it's clay so you're going to get errors, especially from someone like Giorgi. But horrible? That's a bit extreme.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Horrible result

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Camila's boobs look bigger

·
Registered
55,078 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts