Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Likely nobody will know your strengths and weaknesses better than your doubles partner. Unfortunately for Siniakova, that's not normally good news when you're not the better player. I did pick Martincova to win the tournament just to pick something different, but Krejcikova should win it if she's anywhere near the top of her game.

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
What about in form Brady and Muguruza? Or prime form Jabeur?
Muguruza and Kvitova and thats about it.

Even playing serve-less Hsieh has helped her.

Nervous Brady is not the best the WTA have to offer right now surely. Playing old serena/vika in slam semis and finals really eases things for her.

Jabeur is lol

·
Registered
9,271 Posts
BTW, I don't think they are BFF. They know each other from childhood and playing doubles together from Juniors but I'm not sure they are very close. They are not hanging together off-court, they are not cheering each other from the stands, Katka was never in Bara's player box during the later stages of the Roland Garros. I think they are great partners but I don't think they re really BFF...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
A really efficient and clinical performance from Krejcikova and pretty ruthless too. I thought she might let Kat have a game serving at 0-4 but no, Barbora broke for 5 and served it out like a boss! No mercy!
A much more convincing performance that’s yesterday. She was striking the ball from corner to corner really nicely and the error count was a lot better. Hopefully she can take title #3 here. 🇨🇿💪

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
BTW, I don't think they are BFF. They know each other from childhood and playing doubles together from Juniors but I'm not sure they are very close. They are not hanging together off-court, they are not cheering each other from the stands, Katka was never in Bara's player box during the later stages of the Roland Garros. I think they are great partners but I don't think they re really BFF...
I saw Krejcikova watching Siniakova at Wimbledon, doesn't help that Barbora lives in a tax haven.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
She did a little more than that tho. Completely routined Svitolina and a resurgent Stephens who had taken out 2 in form players in Muchova and Ka. Pliskova.
None of them were really in-form tho

post injury Muchova barely escaped defeat from Petkovic hands and Pliskova was double bageled two weeks before in Rome. Stephens has been mediocre for years now and i keep repeating it all the time.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
She was in the stands

·
Registered
8,201 Posts

Krej has become a lean mean winning machine. She's been playing and winning so many matches this year, does she ever get tired?

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
Well familiarity does breed contempt. That's why we meet some work colleagues or friends for drinks only a few times a year.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yes she does, it showed in Wimbledon. It would be very suspicious if she ran like a rabbit 24/7.
Remeber certain poster who repeatedly said she is lazy and not fit. That is funny how she is winning all those matches from may yet these fit players are tired after one tournament. :)

·
Registered
17,125 Posts
After Krejcikova struggled past Bonaventure I thought an upset was on the cards v Siniakova. But I’m glad Barbora won - it’s good to have a top 20 player left in this gap week of the calendar. Adds interest to the quietest fortnight of the year, by WTA terms. Title number 3 hopefully coming up for Barbora now.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Remeber certain poster who repeatedly said she is lazy and not fit. That is funny how she is winning all those matches from may yet these fit players are tired after one tournament. :)
Well, she does not look very muscular, but then, Roger Federer doesn't either. Arantxa Rus looks like Dolph Lundgren in the 1980s, but she doesn't win anything. There surely is a difference between looking fit and being fit! :)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Well, she does not look very muscular, but then, Roger Federer doesn't either. Arantxa Rus looks like Dolph Lundgren in the 1980s, but she doesn't win anything. There surely is a difference between looking fit and being fit! :)
Yes indeed. But for some you has to look like Maria Sakkari to be seen as fit.

Having to win singles and doubles at slam can only by done by fit player with incredible stamina.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts

Krej has become a lean mean winning machine. She's been playing and winning so many matches this year, does she ever get tired?
She will run out of gas in the second part of season if she doesnt shorten her schedule. Hard to keep high level playing almost every week.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
38,237 Posts
What tools does she have to make it hard for Osaka? I really don't have any technical background of tennis.

I understand Belinda, Putin, Angie, Halep and some others though after reading here.
Powerful forehand which she can hit great angles with and change direction with very effectively. Backhand that she can hit flat, with topspin or with slice. She hits all with purpose and selects her shots well. She is very good at changing the pace of her ground strokes and not giving her opponent rhythm. She can take the pace off her opponents' shot to neutralise a rally or she can use her opponents pace, change direction of the ball and produce a winner. Basically she has an a game and b game and c game. She has lots of options. She is smart and her shot selection is very good. Good touch, can hit drop shots and lobs well and her slice is one of the best in the game, not quite Barty level but certainly one of the best on the circuit. She has an above average serve and an outstanding return of serve which again has to rate as one of the best in the game. I think that is enough weapons to make her a formidable foe on any surface.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts