Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Not sure why Siniakova is hyped up here as some challenge or tough match for top players lately. People were saying there was upset potential against Barty at Wimbledon and she got routined. Now here people were saying this will be a tough, close QF match and she got blitzed with a bagel.

Reading too much into a victory over 2021 Clayrena perhaps?
Katka is one of the biggest headcases on tour. She does have an excellent game when it works but she also has the tendency to overcomplicate things, take leads in the set and then get routined. Also, her emotions goes through a roller coaster that may explain how many three sets matches she play. She is as crazy as her hair.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Oh, c'mon! You don't bagel your best friend.... :(

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Well, people were looking for emphatic.

This was emphatic huh.

I'm really looking forward to Osaka Vs Krejcikova on a hard court.

Naomi has had it too easy vs past their primes Serena and Vika.
This is true but every Slam on the WTA has been "easy" for like the last six years, lol. Osaka's competition wasn't great the last two Slams she won, but it also wasn't great for her first Slam either. And Krejcikova did just beat Sakkari and Pavlyuchenkova to win a Slam.

Anyways, I think Krejcikova can establish herself as a Top 5 player on HC pretty soon. I have her as a favorite for Tokyo along with Barty and Osaka, and how she does during the USO series and IW will be interesting. Barty, Osaka, and Andreescu are probably the best on HC right now but Krejcikova can join that group with a strong showing this summer... a title here in Prague would be a good start (even if the competition she's faced here has been pretty bad).

·
Registered
10,981 Posts
Wow that was quick, was looking forward to watching this on a big TV while working, but it collided with Tour de France and job duties :D
Nice to see Barbie continuing her excellent form and hopefully there's not any bad blood between them now that Barbie 'dared' to give Katka a thrashing.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Wow that was quick, was looking forward to watching this on a big TV while working, but it collided with Tour de France and job duties :D
Nice to see Barbie continuing her excellent form and hopefully there's not any bad blood between them now that Barbie 'dared' to give Katka a thrashing.
Katka knows who is the boss.

·
Registered
13,024 Posts

This was emphatic huh.

What tools does she have to make it hard for Osaka? I really don't have any technical background of tennis.

I understand Belinda, Putin, Angie, Halep and some others though after reading here.

Reactions: WilliamsOhanian

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
Not sure why Siniakova is hyped up here as some challenge or tough match for top players lately. People were saying there was upset potential against Barty at Wimbledon and she got routined. Now here people were saying this will be a tough, close QF match and she got blitzed with a bagel.

She had one of the best serves in 2018/2019 AND great hair before she completely cried herself out of court.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
My prediction for Krejcikova is that she will be a top 10 player on clay, and top 50 on grass, and top 25 on HC.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Barbora really couldn't let her win at least a game in set 2 huh lol.

Looked kinda competitive in the first one, although it was obvious that once Krejcikova stops making stupid mistakes, she should take it. Katka was just way too volatile today. Didn't expect that bagel though to be sure :D

Maybe this is what she needs to get back to her famous days though, I mean what's worse than getting routined by your doubles partner who used to be the lesser in the partnership? But you never know with Katka :D

She had one of the best serves in 2018/2019 AND great hair before she completely cried herself out of court.
Miss those times. :cry:

·
Registered
13,024 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

Routined? Katerina had a game point for a 65 lead in set 2......there’s definitely nothing routine in a 75 set.

As for why( her last 6 main draws ):
QF in Istanbul ( 46 46 loss to Mertens)
SF in Parma( lost to champion , bt 2 seeds)
3R in Paris ( lost to SFist, bt a seed)
F in Bad Homberg (lost to Kerber, bt 3 seeds)
3R London ( lost to Barty)
QF here

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

This was emphatic huh.

What about in form Brady and Muguruza? Or prime form Jabeur?

21 - 40 of 92 Posts