·
Registered
13,024 Posts
'I feel sorry for her...' - BK

Reactions: Perun and Katerina

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Bara was excellent, her 2021 form is no fluke, she is a serious player.
Poor Katka, she really tried hard, wasn't that bad, so many of her shots just went long.
Poor serving, too many critical DF's, and in the end, plenty of head shaking & frustration.

The match was a lot closer than the score.

It was still an enjoyable match to watch.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Great for Bara get that title. So sad for Katka, sending hugs!

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
8,048 Posts
It certainly escalated quickly. I was watching the Galfi match, and the last time I checked the score, it was on serve at 4-3.

4 QF matches completed in Prague in well under 6 hours, and just the 14 combined games dropped by the winners.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Not sure why Siniakova is hyped up here as some challenge or tough match for top players lately. People were saying there was upset potential against Barty at Wimbledon and she got routined. Now here people were saying this will be a tough, close QF match and she got blitzed with a bagel.

Reading too much into a victory over 2021 Clayrena perhaps?

·
Registered
57,180 Posts
Barbora shining at home! (y)
Now please win the title. Only 2 more matches !!!

Kati :hug:

Barbora said she felt more comfortable than yesterday.
Agree, improved performance. Better serving.

Krejcikova
16 Winners 14 UEs
Siniakova
11 Winners 24 UEs (9 DFs)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Expected result and it’s not even close :)
Siniakova basically useless. Previous match against a player ranked 478th also need 3 sets lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
Not sure why Siniakova is hyped up here as some challenge or tough match for top players lately. People were saying there was upset potential against Barty at Wimbledon and she got routined. Now here people were saying this will be a tough, close QF match and she got blitzed with a bagel.

Siniakova has always been capable of upsets. A strong run in Wuhan one year comes to mind in particular. She was also looking decent in one pf the grass warm ups in Germany.

·
Registered
34,456 Posts

She has been a lower ranked player that takes out seeds occasionally for years. With her wonky game she's never going to achieve more than that, but she has rightfully earned the reputation of being dangerous to players ranked above her. Having said that, I would indeed never expect her to beat the in-form players of 2021 like Barty and Krejcikova.

·
Registered
57,180 Posts

·
Registered
Ksenia Efremova
648 Posts
In my opinion Krejcikova is the only czech player over 20 years old with chance to win a singles grand slam in future.. I really doubt about Kvitova, Pliskova, Muchova, Vondrousova, Siniakova etc.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
38,175 Posts
In my opinion Krejcikova is the only czech player over 20 years old with chance to win a singles grand slam in future.. I really doubt about Kvitova, Pliskova, Muchova, Vondrousova, Siniakova etc.
I think Muchova could as well if she gets hot at the right time but yeah, I expect Barbora to add to her Grand Slam singles tally, and I don't expect Petra to add to hers or for Karolina P., Marketa or Katerina to pick up their first.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I fully expect Marketa to pick RG if she stays healthy. Both Petra and Plisko can do it if stars align. With Moucha I have strange and groundless feeling she may quit tennis soon and just go with other career but if not she may have chance. I don't see Katka winning one but I will be fan her no matter what :p

Reactions: WilliamsOhanian
1 - 20 of 92 Posts